The Future State of GT Auto

• Thread starter TayeezSA
  • 18 comments
South Africa
Johannesburg
Tayeedz1
Good Day Mr. Kaz,

I remember when I saw GT Auto in its first iteration in GT3. It make me think that GT Auto was a real life brand for sometime but I was quite young then. Now we move on into GT Auto in GT6 which might I add, has expanded greatly, particularly with its options. Is there anyway that you and your team want to expand on this game feature in certain aspects?

Such ways I thought of expanding it were:
  • Actually having dirt that sticks to the car (I know it happens in GT6 Rally Mode) and paintwork becoming dull after facing different elements and races. Just giving more reason to actually wash your car now in GT Auto and enjoy the famous GT Auto wash cutscenes. Not like now where the dirt disappears after a race, it should stay until after a wash is performed.
  • Shorter Intervals between for oil changes and engine overhauls. Gives more use to the functions. Maybe the distinctions of minor service (Fluids top up) and major service(Full Engine overhaul)?
  • Suspension overhaul. That new KW Suspension handling engine can have some side options like changing tired shock absorbers or tired bushings.
  • Using in-game credits to pay for vehicle inspections and Vehicle Registration. This would be quite fun as it replicates the woes of real life car maintenance . This would be particularly great for used vehicles. Am I wrong about Rego and MOT Australian and British players? ;)
  • If future permits then insurance for body panel damage perhaps?

I found to my dismay that the GT Auto in GT6 lacks cutscenes/animations to show any work done to the cars. Why were they cut and will the scenes be returning ? It may seem frivolous to be disappointed by this but the cutscenes in GT Auto added to the feature experience.

This is a great game feature that other games on the market just seem to miss thinking that it's pointless to have. However, Polyphony Digital has given it a point and has done so with great effect.
We as players can not wait to see what else is in store for us.

:gtpflag:

I'm in favour of everything in the OP..with one caveat...I want the ability to toggle all the animations on and off and make optional just about everything else. Watching an animation of an oil change is great once or twice, after that I just want the oil changed as fast as possible. Replacing shock absorbers and springs and bushings and bearings isn't really something I'd like to spend time on in my virtual car, but I don't want to stop anyone else from enjoying it, so just let us toggle that feature on and off and I'm all for it.

Toggle switches are cool. I rate these can be done even in ample time because they seem like realistic requests, but nah I have questions to be answered :dopey:

I know it's an incredibly small thing to complain about but it's one thing the very old PS1 Gran Turismos got right. It wasn't as detailed as having dirt on the car but if you drove your car for any amount of time the car lost the reflective sheen and became dull looking. After you washed it the sheen came back, I loved that little touch! Now the car wash does absolutely nothing because the cars never lose their sheen. I'd love to see that little touch return. I know.. "it's technically possible".. :(

At least PD wants to listen to us now. However the question now is that will they take our suggestions or leave them in the dirt?

PD needs to put on their Freakum dress for GT7 now because expections are high. Particularly since they're listening to us now.

While I think this depth in GT Auto isn't quite fitting to the sandbox gaming of GT Mode, I think it would be ideal in GT Pro Mode, that sim thing some of us are proposing that's based on how a kid ultimately leapfrogs various enthusiast racing, and something of GT Academy, into the professional racing world. This idea would fit right into that one. 👍

In gt5 I always went to GT auto for some changes like car/rim color and stuff but I didn't actually do it for that I did it for the cutscenes, I barely even go to GT auto in gt6 because there are no cutscenes

I liked the ridiculous car painting cutscene with the HUMONGOUS paint jets. My favourite part was the little twinkle at the end of a cutscene - "Ta-daaaaa! Your car is now the colour you just picked! How 'bout that!" And who doesn't like The Entertainer music?

Though I'm with Johnny - make it an option. Efficiency is everythng on a game with 1200 cars.

The things I really want to see though is:

-Dirt sticking to the cars, like track debris , grass, dust, dirt, cars losing their sheen. WE NEED CAR WAX
- Things like engine overhaul having more meaning to things like engine failure happening (Which is annoying but happens IRL.)

Yeah ya'll know what I want. The thing is can PD implement them? There was all this jazz about the PS3 having difficult architecture to work with but what do they have to say about the PS4?

Last edited:
Dirt remains sticking to the car, yes.

The rest of it ... no. Just no. I'm not looking forward to pay for vehicle registrations for 1000 cars in my garage.

Would definitely like to see the return of cutscenes. If a livery editor of some ilk ever becomes available, then at the very least, using GT Auto to select some preset liveries that you could colour would be great. Especially if you see the GT Auto staff applying the livery in a cutscene.

Dirt remains sticking to the car, yes.

The rest of it ... no. Just no. I'm not looking forward to pay for vehicle registrations for 1000 cars in my garage.

I think it would be interesting. Like 3000CR to register your car once off or something like that.

VXR
Would definitely like to see the return of cutscenes. If a livery editor of some ilk ever becomes available, then at the very least, using GT Auto to select some preset liveries that you could colour would be great. Especially if you see the GT Auto staff applying the livery in a cutscene.

I wonder how the livery editor cutscene would be like. In a humourous way though like those massive paint guns from GT5 :D

Hmm.... vinyl stick-on? That would at least give us something better than a fog..... ;)

Ooh, and another thought.... Can we customize the interior? Like a custom racing wheel? Hmmm... ;) :)

Some Animations Ideas, quick and easy (I hope)

• For when you get a new set of wheels, an animation of the GT Auto mechanics come and change your wheels Pit Crew style.
  • For the car wash, the car parks, GT Auto Mechanic pulls a switch then BOOM! Huge mass of water, then Huge Mass of suds, another huge mass of water then a massive dryer with a random GT Auto mechanic running up and doing 1 quick swipe with a cloth and it's done!
  • The traditional oil change scene can stay along with the paint scenes.
  • Then for other services, the animation from GT5 where the car goes into a garage can stay
Those would be quite nice.

Back