The gap in GT4.

  • Thread starter Thread starter 9D8TSIAWD
  • 9 comments
  • 723 views
Messages
186
Messages
NINED8D33A
I feel like the game is missing the highly modified street cars in races. I love having the 846hp supra but there's no race i can enter it in where i will race other 7-800hp street cars. The only way to race a 800hp supra is against race cars.

I think they need to get a category which has those cars.


That's my rant :)
 
Yeah, I miss those 800hp+ street car races too.

Do you remember the Turbo event in GT2? There where 5 other extreme modified cars (Skyline R32, GTO Twin Turbo..), that was a real chellange, especially at the test course at 380km/h+....:dopey:

Now its the ''free like the wind'' event at the test course with race cars only, I think PD should make the same event with street cars too in GT5.💡
 
I have to agree as well they need a high horsepower production race. Same goes with Japanese cars racing in European events and vise versa. It kind of sucks that you can't race against other countries. Lots of racing in GT4 but it's so car specific. Thank god GT4 gave us Family Cup or else it would have been a shame.
 
Sonzilla
It kind of sucks that you can't race against other countries.

That's another element they should change 👍
 
I'd love to see a race event pitting the American and Australian V8s. You know, like FPVs and Holdens vs. Chevys and Fords, Monaro vs. GTO, that sort of thing.
 
You know what I think?


To bring up the power even more as in reali life you can have a Supra of 1520 HP :crazy:

Then, you could enter a drag racing series, were wheelies can be done and were you hear the turbo also from outside going PSSSHHHH!


That would be awesome 👍
 
Pink_the_Floyd
........you can have a Supra of 1520 HP :crazy:

Then, you could enter a drag racing series, were wheelies can be done and were you hear the turbo also from outside going PSSSHHHH!

Yeah, and bring back the HKS 180SX dragster. :dopey:👍

That drag racing could be a very nice driving mission for GT5, where you have to beat a (as example) Skyline with 1000 ps or more with your modfied street car which also has 1000hp+. :sly:

That would be awesome.
 
Pink_the_Floyd
You know what I think?


To bring up the power even more as in reali life you can have a Supra of 1520 HP :crazy:

Then, you could enter a drag racing series, were wheelies can be done and were you hear the turbo also from outside going PSSSHHHH!


That would be awesome 👍

Sending a request to Polyphony right now...oh wait a sec.

Totally agree, but then again we'll see what GT5 brings and continue the endless conversations and argumentations of drag racing in the GT series. 👍
 
Loved the Turbo event in GT2. Almost forgot about it. That twin-turbo GTO was a blast. You could really hear and feel that power whining down the straightaway. I'd swear racing was a lot closer in GT2 than it is in GT4. Cars were more evenly matched and you couldn't sneak in some out-of-class car.

I wish they could update GT2 with today's graphics. But somebody said that the physics engine was not very good, so cars handled much better than they should. More for arcade racing than true simulation.

PD ought to create a DVD that contains all the past versions of GT with updated graphics. The Gran Turismo compilation DVD.
 
SirBerra
Loved the Turbo event in GT2. Almost forgot about it. That twin-turbo GTO was a blast. You could really hear and feel that power whining down the straightaway. I'd swear racing was a lot closer in GT2 than it is in GT4. Cars were more evenly matched and you couldn't sneak in some out-of-class car.
That was more because of the rubber-band A.I. than anything else. Meh. I play GT3 more than GT4 these days, as I find it more fun because of the A.I. being closer to you.
 
Back