The General GT6 Discussion Thread-NOT A WISHLIST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beeblebrox237

Two heads, no brains...
Premium
United Kingdom
Betelgeuse
Beeblebrox_237
Right, I'm tired of seeing wishlists. Lets talk about GT6 properly. When do reputable sources think it will be released? Who will play it? How will PD deal with the people who didn't like GT5? How will PD deal with all the wishlist crap? Ask away, and discuss.

I am not a reputable source, so I will save my release date and ps3/ps4 speculations.

I will play it.

Pd will win people over that didn't like gt5 by improving the game and addressing problem areas. Well hopefully pd will improve and impress!

I am sure they look at all the wish list stuff as "crap" just as you described. I am sure they are like many other developers, they filter out the 90% of everything that is crap, and address and possibly include the 10% that is gold. Either that or they promise that it will be included later as dlc ;)

Well it's good to hear someone who's optimistic :indiff:. I myself am sure that it will be an entertaining game, after all, GT5, GT4, GT3, GT2, and GT1 all were fun (disclaimer: I've only ever played 4 and 5).

I'm not getting my hopes up in terms of car customisation, or converting all standard cars to premium (Which is unreasonable considering how many of them they are and how long a premium car takes to model). After the hype created on the run up to GT5, i'm keeping my feet firmly on the ground. I expect moderate improvements in physics and slight graphical improvements as a result of engine optimisation (If on PS3). This would be similar to the transition for GT1-2 or GT3-4. I'd also love to see an improvement in the pace of the AI alongside a qualifying mode for every race, as currently the difficulty of the races is dictated by how far back in the rolling starts you are (I want more standing starts too). A difficulty setting is an easy fix for this; I cannot see the logic behind a one-difficulty suits all approach.

What I am expecting is an expanded A-spec mode. KY said himself (Either in an interview or a tweet, it was so long ago now) that the A-spec mode was too small in hindsight. The seasonal events followed; because they knew that the single player part of the game was too short, especially when you compare it to GT4. GT5 is a great game and I hope they build upon it. Increasing the number and variety of races is a very easy and cost effective way to expand content and add longevity to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back