• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 7 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
maxresdefault.jpg

Google Earth is a fantastic tool that allows people to explore the world from the comfort of your own home. You can look at mundane things such as your route to the local shops, exciting things such as the circuit that held the last Grand Prix, or you can find weird geographical features all over the world.

So that's what this thread is about. Post pictures of great things you've found on Google Earth and share them with the community. Have you zoomed in on a race track and found a car in the gravel? Have you found a long lost tribe in the Amazon? But mostly, have you found something that looks interesting and have no idea what it is? Share any images you find (perhaps include the coordinates so the rest of us can find it) and get going. What have you found that you'd like other people to look at an know about?

I had a camera car go past me on Friday while I was out cycling. I’m pretty sure it was a Google Mapping car photographing for street view.

I gave them a wave. It’d probably take me days to find the pic though.

Edit: I just remembered that one can fly a fighter jet in Google Earth too. I tried that once and had some fun while on company time.

YES! Thank you for starting this!

Safe to say I dedicate quite a lot of time to Google Earth...

2018-07-31.png

2018-07-31 (1).png

Are the satellite images on Google Maps powered by Google Earth? I just wanted to share this image provided by Google Maps that has haunted me for the past 10 months. I've been afraid of and have avoided driving down this street for the past 10 months.

Snapchat-378862513.jpg

You can but it's rather rubbish. Pick up a proper flight sim if you want that.

For someone with little to no flight sim experience (besides playing a few Ace Combat games), even I could tell it was a bit off.

But I think it adds a new dynamic for anyone using Google Earth for the first time.

Back