The Gran Turismo 5 Car Reccomendation Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Peter
  • 16 comments
  • 8,342 views

Peter

(Banned)
Messages
4,352
Messages
pj-gm
Messages
lol not happening
Just got this idea a second ago. This thread will be the place where we'll have people post if they ever have doubts on a car(s) to buy, and get the opinion of other users. I didn't find any thread like this when I searched.


So, let's get the ball rolling...


Don't look at me for advice, I haven't got the game yet...
 
Ferrari 458 Italia and Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG. Fantastic cars to drive.

EDIT: Looks like I misunderstood the thread, oh well!
 
i recommend these cars: ferrari 458 italia, bugatti veyron, corvette z06(c6), audi r8 5.2 and the mclaren f1. i think out of those the mclaren is the best.
 
Not really a thread for what cars you like, it's more like for people to get answers for cars they want to buy, like which one's the best for what they need it.

So, like "should I get the Audi or Mercedes for the Supercar race? Which one will help me more apart from it?"

And other users will say "Audi, it'll help you with the 4WD race" or "Mercedes, it'll help you with Silver Arrow"
 
Not really a thread for what cars you like, it's more like for people to get answers for cars they want to buy, like which one's the best for what they need it.

So, like "should I get the Audi or Mercedes for the Supercar race? Which one will help me more apart from it?"

And other users will say "Audi, it'll help you with the 4WD race" or "Mercedes, it'll help you with Silver Arrow"

Then name it a "car recommendation thread". And let people post what cars they recommend even without a question, that will make this thread more active for the people who have questions
 
Currently, I'm (trying) to do the GT Rally, and I need a better car. My IV Golf GTI just isn't cutting it. Any advice?
 
Currently, I'm (trying) to do the GT Rally, and I need a better car. My IV Golf GTI just isn't cutting it. Any advice?
:grumpy:

I just realised a have an unused Evo IV sitting in my garage all ready to be tuned. Fail.
 
Don't double post.
 
I have a few cars that are worth mentioning

First, Id say go for this car first. RX-7 Spirit R Type A (Premium)
Its awesome on just about everything that it can race. with even slight modification, this car is fast. Not badly priced either.

For classic European car, the Jensen Interceptor MkIII
Got lucky with this car, found it in the used dealership. Its a 1974 car and it has 359hp! I havnt even restored anything or straitened the chassis. Its a GREAT car as classics go. Keep an eye out for this gem.

Honda Civic Type R (EK) '97 (Premium)
Awesome car for rally challenges, easily upgradable and is pretty quick. Install a 6 speed transmission and adjust the final gear acordingly for what track you are on. This car books it!

Those are a few that I would reccomend. Ill throw some more up later.
 
Mazda 787B. Take it to the 'ring :o
 
Which car is better to use in begginers special event rally? I've already tried ae111 and Evo I but they're too slow :)
p.s. cars in this event are limited in power
 
Which car is better to use in begginers special event rally? I've already tried ae111 and Evo I but they're too slow :)
p.s. cars in this event are limited in power

Try to get a Motul Civic 87'.
 
Which car is better to use in begginers special event rally? I've already tried ae111 and Evo I but they're too slow :)
p.s. cars in this event are limited in power

I've been using a VW Golf R32 from the used car lot.
 
Can someone give me their opinion on the Fiat Tipo and Lancia Delta Integrale?

I'm thinking of buying these once I begin. The Tipo if the used car lot permits, :)
 
Which car is better to use in begginers special event rally? I've already tried ae111 and Evo I but they're too slow :)
p.s. cars in this event are limited in power


I used a Prelude SiR for snow and an S2000 for the other two. The gravel track was extra fun with that car, especially with ABS off.
 
Currently, I'm (trying) to do the GT Rally, and I need a better car. My IV Golf GTI just isn't cutting it. Any advice?

I rolled out with a DC5 Integra and more or less stomped them. Easy car to drive on the gravel and snow thanks to the FWD. Need more speed, just take some weight out.

A Renault 5 Turbo might be worth a shot as well.
 
Currently, I'm (trying) to do the GT Rally, and I need a better car. My IV Golf GTI just isn't cutting it. Any advice?


Get all Gold in the Sebastian Leob Challange and you will get the Redbull C5 Rally car. i would consider this to be a pretty fun and relatively easy challange to get gold, and with the C5 Rally car you can own everyone in your path in the GT Rally (best use is for the 2nd level gt rally sorry i forgot the name)

and for the first level rally i used a Hyandai Tiburon GT with a few small mods (chip, sports exhaust, weight reduction) and that seemed to be enough to win each stage by a couple of seconds.
 
Back