The Gran Turismo Cinematic Trailers Appreciation Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter silverman_GT
  • 23 comments
  • 2,063 views
Messages
1,525
Indonesia
Jakarta
Messages
FOUR16_
Here's a thing you may or may agree after playing/following Gran Turismo over the years: PD are absolute wizards in terms of making cinematics.

However, I feel like PD's cinematic artistry are overshadowed by several "non-constructive nonsense" on YouTube, thus leaving the thought and talent behind these videos underappreciated. This thread, as the title says, will hopefully highlight the fact that these Gran Turismo trailers are world-class and deserves more praise.

Here are a few of my favorites, in no particular order - it's very hard for me to choose due to the media limit :lol::





 
The update trailers really started to get good around January to March 2018.

I'm gonna admit though, I miss the full 1-2 minute long trailers from 2018 though, the 30-second ones from late March 2019 onwards haven't really been doing it for me IMO.
 
Nothing will ever top the 458 Italia trailer. Just beautiful/sublime.
Yep. I agree. I remember screencapturing / wallpapering this video like a madman back then.
The song "Just One Second" by London Elektricity is spot on there.

Here is the Making of video from the end of GT 4 Prologue. Wherein everything aiming at the great GT4.
 



The music (I like I Was Born to Survive by Tom H@ck) and the choice of angles to show this car makes it as one of my favorite cinematic for one car alongside the NSX, 458, and Taycan.
 
Aside that I agree on most of the GT trailers showcased in here: This is my favorite one:


There is just something in that music that fits so darn perfect with Fuji and the scenery..and the music gives a very nihongo vibe to it.
 
Back