England
East Midlands
m8h3r
Wednesday 22nd January 2014
19:00GMT - 22:00GMT

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit.jpg

The Great British Track Day
General Information:
On Wednesday the 22nd January your resident Captain Slow will be hosting the Great British track day celebrating all things from the little isle of Britain. The general feel of the evening will be a causal free run track day over 2 (3) tracks from Great Britain. There will be a few ad hoc Performance Point limited races throughout the evening. The day will be made to be as realistic as possible. Although I do understand that running the same car for 3 hours may be a little tedious so I will allow car swap, just not over the top. Even playboys don't take 25 cars to a track day.

Evening's Events:
The evening will start off inbetween the towns of Silverstone and Whittlebury in the county Northamptonshire at The Silverstone Circuit. Named the "Home of British Motor Racing" this track is home to many great drives from racing legends. The track will be ran for around 75 minutes before a quick dash down the country.

Silverstone_ Stowe Circuit.jpg

We make our way through the Capital of the Country London as we make our way to the third track. The tight streets and turns of London should provide a good chance to test out the little British cars. Maybe a race will break out as we make our way through. Lets hope not to catch rush hour as we try to make it through in around half an hour.

London.jpg

Then we make it to Swanley in Kent, the home of Brands Hatch. A tight but challenging circuit. This is where the evening will end. Once called "The Best Circuit in the World" by Gerhard Berger you know you're in for a good time. Trying your luck down Paddock Hill Bend you can be sure the stewards will have their work cut out rescuing people from the outside gravel trap.

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit 3.jpg

Times and rules:
The track day is set to take part between 19:00GMT and 22:00GMT on Wednesday the 22nd of January. But with Brands Hatch giving me the keys to lock up there is no set time to end the event. You are expected to drive clean on the track. You must keep aware whilst driving for pretty much every participant there will be at least one faster and one slower driver on the track due to the variety of cars.

Room Settings:

Transmission - Optional
Driving Line - Off
Traction Control - Optional
Skid Recovery Force - Off
Active Stability Management - Off
Anti-lock Braking System - Optional

Damage - Full
(It will require pitting to repair damage)
Grip - Realistic
Slipstream - Weak
Boost - Off
Tuning - Allowed
Tyres - Sports Soft
(You must use realistic tyres)
Particpants:

GTP/PSN nick: m8h3r/m8h3r
GTP/PSN nick: MSTER232 / MSTER232
GTP/PSN nick: DazJohnston /
ROGUE_DaZzALAD88
GTP/PSN nick: Jawehawk / AndyMacnab
GTP/PSN nick:MattieM / MattieM
GTP/PSN nick: John Wells / Johnwells69
GTP/PSN nick: Im_Lucas / GTP_Lukas
GTP/PSN nick: gnorman /
GTP_YodaTheCat
GTP/PSN nick:
GTP/PSN nick:
GTP/PSN nick:
GTP/PSN nick:

Last edited:
I'll be there as well, don't know if i'll stay to the end though.
It's cool. Nobody has to attend the entire thing. Just show up for an hour or so. Join the convoy as we pass through London :lol:

It's cool. Nobody has to attend the entire thing. Just show up for an hour or so. Join the convoy as we pass through London :lol:

Which side are we driving? to wrong side or the right side of the road (this might be a trick question)? :D

Which side are we driving? to wrong side or the right side of the road (this might be a trick question)? :D

The right side, which happens to be the other side :sly:

Couple of updates:

The Mini Cooper 1.3i '98 is allowed, even though it's listed as German (boo) however all other Mini Coopers are banned.

The room will be friends only so I shall add everyone prior to the event.

I'd like to join in but I don't know if I can join from the beginning (maybe 1 hour in) if that's okay.

Will try to show up with my mental mini, but depends on family commitments and wife's mood. Might have be for the first half hour and last half hour if that is ok.

Not done any online stuff before but the tracks involved are where i live now, where i worked for years and where i grew up so will make the effort.

Will try to show up with my mental mini, but depends on family commitments and wife's mood. Might have be for the first half hour and last half hour if that is ok.

Not done any online stuff before but the tracks involved are where i live now, where i worked for years and where i grew up so will make the effort.
Providing you have the first 2 licenses you can come online, from there on you'll love it. The difference of driving with 10 real people instead of AI is a thill. Welcome in.

The room is up now. It's friends only so if anyone knew wants to join just friend request m8h3r and I'll let you in. 👍

Back