The Great Car Scavenger Hunt 3.0 (or is it 4.0?) - Win Prizes!

• Thread starter Joey D
  • 2 comments

Joey D

Premium
United States
Boyne Falls, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
So I've wanted to do another car scavenger hunt now since it's been several years since we last gave it a go and because it was a ton of fun last time we did it. Participation sort of waned a little bit towards the end, so I figured in order to keep interest up I'd offer up some prizes.

How Does it Work?
  • 5 categories plus one bonus will be released every week on Sunday and the competition will run until the follow Sunday at 23:59 GMT.
  • Categories will be picked by the winner of the two weeks prior winner (so Week 3 would be picked by Week 1's winner).
  • During the week you will have to find vehicles that match the categories and post a picture in this thread.
  • 1 point will be given for each category a member wins and everyone who completes the bonus will earn a point. In the event of a tie for a category, each member that tied will be given a point.
  • Categories must be objective, not subjective.
Logistical Stuff:
  • Categories that rely on the finding the most expensive car will use @Famine GAP formula (albeit updated for modern day). For used models we will use the price when new.
  • Categories that rely on power output will have a vehicle rated at the lowest output engine by the manufacture unless the photo specifically show a model in which a bigger engine is present
    • Example: If you are tasked with finding the most powerful red car you can't take a picture of a BMW 3 series and say it's an M3 unless there is a way to show it's an M3
  • Categories that rely on distance will be determined from a state, territory, country's capital city unless otherwise proven different
    • Example: Find the car with a license plate that's traveled the longest to be in your present location. So if I found a car from Michigan, I'd calculate the distance from Lansing, MI to SLC, UT.
  • Categories that rely on color will use the basic color palate unless the categories specifically say you need to find a vehicle in X color from a given manufacturer.
    • Example: Plum Crazy on a Dodge Challenger is just purple.
  • Categories that require you to find/park next to the same make/model of your personal vehicle are allowed, if a member doesn't have a car they can also use their motorcycle or bicycle. We will also allow parent's cars if you drive them regularly. A standard can of beans will be required though if we think your car is questionable.
  • If you are found to be cheating, it is an immediate disqualification and ejection from the competition.
  • If proof is asked about when a photo was taken, the burden of proof is on you, the member. If proof can't be shown, that entry will be disqualified
  • You can change your entry anytime up until the cutoff date and time.
  • You can not use your own vehicle as an entry.
  • Please remember GTP is a global site, pick categories that can be obtainable by anyone.
Timeline:
  • The competition will start Sunday July 2nd and run through the summer until September 24th. That's 12 weeks.
  • From not until July 2nd, we will do a pre-season of sorts to work out any kinks.
Prizes:
  • First place will be gifted a copy of the GTPedia & GT6 Player's Guide Bundle (e-book) plus a year's worth of Premium Membership
  • Second place will be gifted a copy of the GTPedia & GT6 Player's Guide Bundle (e-book)
  • Third place will be gifted GTPedia (e-book)
GAP Formula:

We will be using a 2017 Golf R MKVII 5-Door for our unit of currency, also know an GAP (Golf Adjusted Price).

1 GAP =

In USD: $39,375
In GBP: £32,965
In EUR: 40,675€ (price based on German Golf R)
In AUS: $58,522
In JPY: ¥5,499,000
In HKD: HK$328,740

If we have members join from other countries not listed, we can do some adjusting. For countries that never got the Golf R (I couldn't find any) we will convert all 6 listed currencies into the member's native currency and take an average of that number.

Final Stuff:
This isn't associated with GTP in any way and is unofficial. Prizes are considered gifts.

Last edited:
Pre-Season Categories Round 1 (June 14th - 21st at 23:59 GMT)
  1. Green is the color of money - The most expensive green car (no trucks, SUVs, crossovers, etc.)
  2. All red cars are sports cars - A red vehicle with the most horsepower.
  3. Simplify and add lightness - The lightest convertible.
  4. 1,000 miles from no where - A silver vehicle that is the furthest from home.
  5. YAY Sports! - The most expensive vehicle with a sport's team decal on it.
Bonus: A car that's included in the GT Sport Car List

Back