The Grey "Fungus": Missing Vinyls and Paints

United States
Rocky Mountains, Colorado
AlienDeathRay15
Okay, I have put up with this garbage long enough!!! Many of the vinyls and paint jobs of my cars keep disappearing, returning to some Null Grey, (not even original color or design, I might add) and generally ugly paint scheme. So I go back into paints, scroll through the designs and find the design and reload it. Problem solved right? Nope, it keeps happening! Over and over again. I am getting tired of fixing it. But now what sets me off is, I recently bought a Nissan GT-R FE through the auction house. A real nice design (creator name escapes me at the moment) with a golden cat emblazoned on the side with various logo's (Endless). I paid 500K for the car, even though I already had the same car, I liked the design that much to buy another. So this afternoon I decide I am gonna tune this version out of homologation and put it to 900 and race it around Daytona for some extra cash. OMG! My car! My beautiful car! It's gone! Replaced by some ugly grey fungus! What the deuce!?!? And now, that design isn't in my garage, it's GONE! I PAID FOR THAT! What really steams me off, is that designs I just looked at, but never applied to my cars are still saved in my memory, but this one which I paid for is not. I normally love searching for that special design and applying it to my car, And I usually have at least 75% of my cars in designs. In this version I have only downloaded a few designs, (maybe 10% of 400 cars). Now I am wondering if I should bother at all. TURN 10 please get this fixed ASAP!!!, as the designs feature is one of the best features of this game, and I love this game.

I wonder if this only happens with designs you download?
I’ve yet to experience this, and I almost exclusively use my own paint jobs (although I’ve downloaded a few from the guys here to bump up their numbers).

I wonder if this only happens with designs you download?
I’ve yet to experience this, and I almost exclusively use my own paint jobs (although I’ve downloaded a few from the guys here to bump up their numbers).
Yes, you are 100 % correct. It only happens with designs you download, but it also saves or stores, designs you "browsed". When you get a car and then it offers up suggested designs, I will go through a bunch of them, and occasionally "Try one on" only to move on to the next, and eventually settle for one I like. The ones you try on, it saves those too. There should be a better way, you don't need to save those.

Back