• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 147 comments

Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria

THIS FORTNIGHT'S THEME

This week, the cars will pay tribute to animes. Last winner @Baliwa set this theme, let's hear whar he has to say :

Itasha is a Asia special livery to me, and bit a guilty pleasure when make it. I want you guys embrace it and loving it maybe after you guys done, for make it easier you can any character from any animation from all over the world even Mecha or Furry character as long as it not nude and not real human photo.

If you ask can we use character like Haribo, or Hello Kitty mascot yes you can but I didn't want see you guys make some replica, I want see you guys make something original be free be wild!

CARS : Gr.1 / Gr.2 / Gr.3 / Gr.4 / Gr.B / Gr.Xr race cars only.
LIVERIES : Original creations only.
USER MADE DECALS : No restrictions.
BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS : No restrictions.
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
- The main "sponsor" of the livery must be an anime character.
- You can use any character from any country animation, game, comic and mascot.
- You can use mascots like Haribo (Haribo Racing), Hello kitty (Attempo Racing), PM.U brake (Cerumo Super Formula)
- You can use mecha like Gundam, Transformers, etc.
- You can use pop culture character (Star Wars Holden Racing)
- You can use the things that resemble the show (sword, plane, ship, you get the idea)
- You can NOT use shapes only (Eva Racing) or human photo (Taylor Swift on Nascar tour promotion) even it counted as Ita but sorry I didn't want see that on here.
- The car must use real numberplate (i.e SGT, Blancpain, or PWC) or Basic Numberplate 01 & 02.
- The numberplate location must be Sport mode compatible.

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

- The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here
- Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
- Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
Code:
[COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
- One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
- You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
- Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
- Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.

- Winner gets to choose the following Fortnight's theme.
- Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
- The Host may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
- It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.
- Winner, second and third places will have to share the links of the liveries for the Hall of Fame thread

ENTRY PRESENTATION

- All posted images must not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures)
- You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory locations and settings as shown below
- You are allowed to post one bonus picture in a spoiler with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else)
- You have to make one post with ONLY the 3 pictures and the FINAL ENTRY mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.

- It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
- Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
- A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
- Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
- No heavy post-game editing, slight enhancing is allowed.

MANDATORY PICTURES

- You have to post a front quarter view and a rear quarter view of your car.
- You can choose between the Shiretoko 03 location or the White Sands 01/09 locations. No other location will be allowed for the main pics.

- If you choose the Shiretoko location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Car:
Detailed Settings:
- Key Lights: Off

Camera:

EV: +0.5

Effects:
Temperature: 9500 K

Screen Effects 1:
Mask: Background
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 0
- Brightness: 500
- Contrast: 150 (This is key to controlling how light/dark the under-car shadow will appear)

Car Effects:
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 125
- Brightness: 125
(Adjust these figures to suit the colour of the car)

- If you choose the White Sands 01/09 location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Zoom: around 90mm at stock position
Aperture: f/32
Exposure Correction: +1.0
Shutter Speed: 1/1
Single AF on the A-pillar/mirror

Temperature: 6500
Color Cast Correction: 0.025

Screen Effect: Background Mask
Individual Correction:
Saturation: 100%
Brightness: 500
Contrast: 250
Highlight: 0

Car Effects:
Brightness 120

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.

DEADLINE

November 29, 2018 (23:59, CEST/GMT+1)

Last edited by a moderator:
JFC You're gonna make me learn inkscape so I can do Chandra Nalaar aren't you?

maybe yes? if you can't find it on discover, you can ask your friend or maybe use shape only :lol: just find the way you must convenience. ;)

maybe yes? if you can't find it on discover, you can ask your friend or maybe use shape only :lol: just find the way you must convenience. ;)
I've tried the svg request. She's too hard to do. That sounded better in my head.

7349906559847105025_23.jpg

I was thinking of submitting this one right away, but I think I'm going to make a new one this time. But finally! After the last theme which was impossible we have one that's right up my alley.

Also, this livery is a video game. Does it strictly have to be a television production or can we go for video game characters presented in the same style too?

so decals from Discover are ok to use? i love itasha so this is right up my alley
Yeah why not, like almost all image on cover is from discover (except Kaede, I make them but can't share it cause too messy on cutting image lol)

View attachment 780057

Also, this livery is a video game. Does it strictly have to be a television production or can we go for video game characters presented in the same style too?

Already explain on Unique Restrictions:
- You can use any character from any country animation, game, comic and mascot.

Hmm decisions decisions, If I read it correctly then I feel like I have to decide Sonic or Spyro :sly:

This was an idea for me too : with the Reignited Trilogy now out, I would love to see a Spyro livery !

I have to hope the Discovery section is on my side, otherwise I'm screwed again xD

With the amount of anime characters in the trending pages since the beginning, I would be very surprised if you can’t find anything in your taste !

Oh yes looks like I’ll be jumping on this one as soon as I’m off these darn night shifts at work...... already have an idea on mind.

This actually seems really challenging... but a question;

- You can NOT use shapes only (Eva Racing) or human photo (Taylor Swift on Nascar tour promotion) even it counted as Ita but sorry I didn't want see that on here.

Can I do an EVA car and use the EVA's (like Unit 0-2) rather than the human characters in the show?

This actually seems really challenging... but a question;

Can I do an EVA car and use the EVA's (like Unit 0-2) rather than the human characters in the show?

Sorry for late reply, I still make vector of something.

About that:
- You can use the things that resemble the show (sword, plane, ship, you get the idea)

and you can see in cover banner above I use Plane from Macross and Mecha from Gundam so yeah you can.

This was an idea for me too : with the Reignited Trilogy now out, I would love to see a Spyro livery !

With the amount of anime characters in the trending pages since the beginning, I would be very surprised if you can’t find anything in your taste !
I need to find a decent Asuka from NGE, since she's my all time favourite female anime character. So she has to be the focus of my entry :P

Sorry for late reply, I still make vector of something.

About that:

and you can see in cover banner above I use Plane from Macross and Mecha from Gundam so yeah you can.
Wicked! I’ve got an idea for a Unit 01 livery but wasn’t sure if I had to include Sinji 👍

Well, I've got an idea for this that I'd like to do. It will require me to draw everything from scratch since it's based on something relatively obscure from 1990... haven't entered a LEC for a while now though so I will try.

Not sure what car to use a base... does the BMW VGT count as a Gr.X race car @Baliwa :D ?

well... I fear not. GR.X race car I mean just like Formula F1500, Red Bull X car, Karting car, and any GR.X car that have GR.1/GR.3 version.

Yeah, that's what I thought you'd say :lol:.

No Gr.2 or Gr.3 cars to choose from makes it a tough choice for me.

Yeah, that's what I thought you'd say :lol:.

No Gr.2 or Gr.3 cars to choose from makes it a tough choice for me.
Ah....
sorry my bad! I just wrong at write description with @Cytoria I put GR.1 - GR.4 supposed to be GR.1 to GR.4. which mean included GR.2 and GR.3. Sorry really my bad even I put GR.3 as banner, Cy can you edit the cars choice?

Ah....
sorry my bad! I just wrong at write description with @Cytoria I put GR.1 - GR.4 supposed to be GR.1 to GR.4. which mean included GR.2 and GR.3. Sorry really my bad even I put GR.3 as banner, Cy can you edit the cars choice?
Yep I thought you wanted to restrain the choices to more uncommon cars. Opening the competition to Gr.2 and Gr.3 will drastically improve the range of choices.

Yep I thought you wanted to restrain the choices to more uncommon cars. Opening the competition to Gr.2 and Gr.3 will drastically improve the range of choices.
No I wouldn't do that, I more person that give "normal" race car choice :lol:

I bet some people now rework the project, sorry.

I really dislike the Itasha stuff. I'm not a massive fan. Saying that, I regurgitated my Castrol M4 and changed quite a few bits on it. I've 'completed' it but I'm just not really sure it's very good!

Setting the bar so high already on the first entry? :drool:
It’s only the third Itasha car I’ve ever done as I’m normally a replica guy myself.
Quite happy with how this one turned out 👍

I really dislike the Itasha stuff. I'm not a massive fan. Saying that, I regurgitated my Castrol M4 and changed quite a few bits on it. I've 'completed' it but I'm just not really sure it's very good!
I tried the same thing with my Gazoo/Castrol Supra but it just looked messy to me.
Go with what you feel is best 👍

Last edited:
It’s only the third Itasha car I’ve ever done as I’m normally a replica guy myself.
Quite happy with how this one turned out 👍

I tried the same thing with my Gazoo/Castrol Supra but it just looked messy to me.
Go with what you feel is best 👍
I've tried itasha before and it sucked. It's not great but I think it will be my best. will add it in later

So I'm not too fond of this weeks theme. Let's just say I'd rather stay clear altogether but I have been out since I won following the mess of my week of choice and thought I'd get back on the horse.

I wasn't too sure what to go with so I took that Castrol M4 and started remove lines. I spent a good few hours adding and removing decals, stripes, trying to change the colour of the stripes that were in already but nothing really stood out. So I've settled for this. The paint is actually Big Flake Orange but it's very hard to identify that with these pictures.

Latest Posts

Back