• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 150 comments

Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria

THIS FORTNIGHT'S THEME

This week, you'll have to forgot the "Duplicate on reverse" function. Last winner @Noisy set this theme, let's hear whar he has to say :

I want to challenge our designers and take them out of their comfort zone.

Design a livery that is asymmetrical, that is different in design on one side compared to the other.

The design should be noticeably different on the drivers' and passengers' side of the car with a transition on the top of the car. Asymmetric designs are quite uncommon in racing and it would be great to see what people can come up with. Good luck!

CARS : No restrictions.
LIVERIES : Original creations only.
USER MADE DECALS : No restrictions.
BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS : No restrictions.
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
- Livery must be noticeably different in design on drivers and passenger side of the car.
- No simple colour swaps between sides (so no red text on white background in one side and white text on red background on the other).
- No split designs i.e. 1999 BAR F1 influenced designs.
- Sponsor logos and number plates can be symmetric.

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

- The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here
- Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
- Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
Code:
[COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
- One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
- You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
- Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
- Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.

- Winner gets to choose the following Fortnight's theme.
- Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
- The Host may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
- It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.
- Winner, second and third places will have to share the links of the liveries for the Hall of Fame thread

ENTRY PRESENTATION

- All posted images must not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures)
- You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory locations and settings as shown below
- You are allowed to post one bonus picture in a spoiler with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else)
- You have to make one post with ONLY the 3 pictures and the FINAL ENTRY mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.

- It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
- Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
- A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
- Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
- No heavy post-game editing, slight enhancing is allowed.

MANDATORY PICTURES

- You have to post a front quarter view and a rear quarter view of your car.
- You can choose between the Shiretoko 03 location or the White Sands 01/09 locations. No other location will be allowed for the main pics.

- If you choose the Shiretoko location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Car:
Detailed Settings:
- Key Lights: Off

Camera:

EV: +0.5

Effects:
Temperature: 9500 K

Screen Effects 1:
Mask: Background
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 0
- Brightness: 500
- Contrast: 150 (This is key to controlling how light/dark the under-car shadow will appear)

Car Effects:
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 125
- Brightness: 125
(Adjust these figures to suit the colour of the car)

- If you choose the White Sands 01/09 location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Zoom: around 90mm at stock position
Aperture: f/32
Exposure Correction: +1.0
Shutter Speed: 1/1
Single AF on the A-pillar/mirror

Temperature: 6500
Color Cast Correction: 0.025

Screen Effect: Background Mask
Individual Correction:
Saturation: 100%
Brightness: 500
Contrast: 250
Highlight: 0

Car Effects:
Brightness 120

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.

DEADLINE

December 12, 2018 (23:59, CEST/GMT+1)

The car in the example is symmetrical. It’s just corner to corner. I love the idea of non symmetry, and gave even entered a few in the past. I’m looking forward to this one.

If I simply can’t get the time to do a design, could I re enter the swatch Toyota I submitted and later changed the entry?

Last edited:
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
- No simple colour swaps between sides (so no red text on white background in one side and white text on red background on the other).
- No split designs i.e. 1999 BAR F1 influenced designs.

I want make sure for something:
So, livery like Porsche LMP1 (The one use Porsche word as livery) and BMW FE new livery can count on this right? I want to know because I have clear idea for this challenge now.

Finding the inspiration will be tough, I really have no idea how to take this on since BAR-like designs are forbidden. We will see, interesting theme though!

I want make sure for something:
So, livery like Porsche LMP1 (The one use Porsche word as livery) and BMW FE new livery can count on this right? I want to know because I have clear idea for this challenge now.

IMO, allowed as long as they are original designs.

Finding the inspiration will be tough, I really have no idea how to take this on since BAR-like designs are forbidden. We will see, interesting theme though!

When making the theme I had some discussions with @Noisy about what is allowed or not. I’ll post some pics tonight to clarify things and hopefully that will help.

FINAL ENTRY

I just think do this one lately, but still can't get figure how to do it properly. Why Lexus? just because I only drive Lexus lately, and if you wonder why I do mostly my work with Super GT GT300 numberplate because I can't find Super Taikyu ST-X Numberplate (to be precise too lazy find with lot tag)

This one could get messy in terms of what's ok and what's not. Not to be picky but even @Baliwa's car is symmetrical when you look at the sponsors. The difference is the design around it. Is this ok? Is it not?

I'm pointing this out for my own reference so I know If my sponsors can be symmetrical but the rest of the design must be asymmetrical.
I have 2 ideas which fall into both categories so that's why I'm asking.

Basically, can we have symmetrical sponsors as long as the rest of the decal is asymmetrical.
OR
Must it be completely asymmetrical?

I'm been dumb but I'm still not sure I get this theme :dunce:

The left can't be symmetrical to the right (Front and rear) and you can't have 2 seperate liveries. The car must have 1 flowing livery across the entirety of the car with no symmetry at all.

Back