The GT5 Garage Editor Thread.

• Thread starter VBR
  • 676 comments
Is there a chance of getting PSN banned for editing GT5/6 save files? I know we can't play online anymore, I'm just wondering if the PS3 is still somehow checking if your game content lines up with your PSN purchase history.

I know I could stop connecting to the internet with my PS3, but I still want to occasionally sync my trophies and save games.

i am getting this error "unable to read the save data tree. is the save corrupted?" i double checked and no its not the save file itself
What editor are you using?
Is there a chance of getting PSN banned for editing GT5/6 save files? I know we can't play online anymore, I'm just wondering if the PS3 is still somehow checking if your game content lines up with your PSN purchase history.

I know I could stop connecting to the internet with my PS3, but I still want to occasionally sync my trophies and save games.
Although it is a violation of section 5.14 in the PSN Code of Conduct, you won't get banned and I don't think they have any way of finding out your editing a save game from a game that's been offline for years anyways. I've used save editors with the game for over a decade now and have never been banned.

What editor are you using?

Although it is a violation of section 5.14 in the PSN Code of Conduct, you won't get banned and I don't think they have any way of finding out your editing a save game from a game that's been offline for years anyways. I've used save editors with the game for over a decade now and have never been banned.
Thanks, that's all I wanted to hear. If someone has done it for ages without problems, it's probably safe.

I wouldn't think too much of it personally. I actually used an x2010 5G in an online race once and later took an x2010 on dirt right before the servers shut down and nothing ever happened to me.

I got the DLC of GT5 from the GT5 save editor but apparently I still need to install the DLCs? I get the car tickets but when I open the cars in my garage it tells me I can't use it because I need to install the car pack even though I pressed install on the DLCs in the Save Editor and tried again multiple times. The cars show up in my garage but I can only select 'Add to favorites' or 'Delete'. When I press 'Add to favorites', it tells me I need to install that car pack even though the Save Editor says they've been installed. I was playing the newest version of GT5 and I have the XL Edition version of the game. Do I need to delete the game and reinstall the game and stop installing the updates up to update 2.11 to fix this issue or are the updates not an issue as far as not being able to access all of the cars because the game says they're not installed?

I got the DLC of GT5 from the GT5 save editor but apparently I still need to install the DLCs? I get the car tickets but when I open the cars in my garage it tells me I can't use it because I need to install the car pack even though I pressed install on the DLCs in the Save Editor and tried again multiple times. The cars show up in my garage but I can only select 'Add to favorites' or 'Delete'. When I press 'Add to favorites', it tells me I need to install that car pack even though the Save Editor says they've been installed. I was playing the newest version of GT5 and I have the XL Edition version of the game. Do I need to delete the game and reinstall the game and stop installing the updates up to update 2.11 to fix this issue or are the updates not an issue as far as not being able to access all of the cars because the game says they're not installed?
In order for the DLC to work, you have to check the box for “Persist DLC’s without license files (vou)“ in the DLC tab and of course, save.

This can be done on any update ranging from 2.11 to 2.17, though someone just told me it works on 2.07 as well. 2.11 is what I recommend, but it’s not strictly necessary. If you’re on 2.12 or higher though, be warned, the Red Bull Charity C pack won’t work right since the car included with it was removed on 2.12.

Last edited:
In order for the DLC to work, you have to check the box for “Persist DLC’s without license files (vou)“ in the DLC tab and of course, save.

This can be done on any update ranging from 2.11 to 2.17, though someone just told me it works on 2.07 as well. 2.11 is what I recommend, but it’s not strictly necessary. If you’re on 2.12 or higher though, be warned, the Red Bull Charity C pack won’t work right since the car included with it was removed on 2.12.
Thank you, this fixed my issue. I have a YouTube (AMS KungPao) and I was wondering if I can make a video on this method of how to easily get all of the DLC of Gran Turismo 5 for free in 2023? I wonder if I will get in trouble for it since it is getting DLC for free when people used to have to pay for it but since that isn't possible anymore should I be fine? I haven't made a video in a while and I want to start making them again but with mainly Gran Turismo 5 content for a little while until going back into GT7 (not my direct plan but it's probably how things will work out). GT7 has gotten pretty old though and I'm having so much more fun on GT5 and I'll probably keep enjoying GT5 more for months as it is the superior game. Yes, I just made a GTPlanet account yesterday just to comment here because I really wanted to know what was happening with the DLC.

Thank you, this fixed my issue.
Glad it did! :)
I have a YouTube (AMS KungPao) and I was wondering if I can make a video on this method of how to easily get all of the DLC of Gran Turismo 5 for free in 2023?
Sure, go ahead!
I wonder if I will get in trouble for it since it is getting DLC for free when people used to have to pay for it but since that isn't possible anymore should I be fine?
I wouldn't worry about it, the fact not even GTPlanet has an issue with my tutorial existing, I think you'll be fine.
Yes, I just made a GTPlanet account yesterday just to comment here because I really wanted to know what was happening with the DLC.
I get that. Thank you for at least sticking around long enough so I could answer you, I've had some people who would sign up here just to report an issue and/or ask for help, only to quickly leave before I could even answer them and never come back again. I'm glad I was able to help you with your problem and hope you enjoy your DLC. 👍

By the way, disregard what I said about it working on 2.07. I didn't realize until later on some DLC wasn't introduced until 2.10, so you'll probably have to be on that update or higher to get them all. I ain't tried getting them all on 2.10 though, so no guarantee on that.

Last edited:
Glad it did! :)

Sure, go ahead!

I wouldn't worry about it, the fact not even GTPlanet has an issue with my tutorial existing, I think you'll be fine.

I get that. Thank you for at least sticking around long enough so I could answer you, I've had some people who would sign up here just to report an issue and/or ask for help, only to quickly leave before I could even answer them and never come back again. I'm glad I was able to help you with your problem and hope you enjoy your DLC. 👍

By the way, disregard what I said about it working on 2.07. I didn't realize until later on some DLC wasn't introduced until 2.10, so you'll probably have to be on that update or higher to get them all. I ain't tried getting them all on 2.10 though, so no guarantee on that.
I'm playing on 2.11 right now, I deleted the game and redownloaded it and it has all the DLC as far as I know. With how I was ~90% done with downloading all the updates in totality when the game was at version 2.11, I'm guessing the rest of the updates are either just UI changes or bug fixes so I think 2.11 has all the DLC. I also wanted to get the X2010 JP Flag Color and everything's working out. It's a shame all of my replays are gone now, probably something you should've mentioned on the tutorial webpage you made with how to modify your game file with the save game editor but I'm not too bummed out by it. I'll mention this in my video with the replays disappearing.

I'm playing on 2.11 right now, I deleted the game and redownloaded it and it has all the DLC as far as I know.
It does.
I'm guessing the rest of the updates are either just UI changes or bug fixes so I think 2.11 has all the DLC.
The rest of the updates did little more than remove hidden content like the x2010 JP Flag Color and patch hybriding and the latest one is pointless. Theirs no need to go beyond 2.11 because they honestly take more away than anything else.
I also wanted to get the X2010 JP Flag Color and everything's working out.
Good! :)
It's a shame all of my replays are gone now, probably something you should've mentioned on the tutorial webpage you made with how to modify your game file with the save game editor but I'm not too bummed out by it. I'll mention this in my video with the replays disappearing.
To be honest, I don't recall saying anything about downgrading in that thread, but yes if you delete your game data, you'll lose everything in it including photos, replays, and course maker tracks. Photos and replays can be extracted from the game data within GT5 though.

Last edited:
It does.

The rest of the updates did little more than remove hidden content like the x2010 JP Flag Color and patch hybriding and the latest one is pointless. Theirs no need to go beyond 2.11 because they honestly take more away than anything else.

Good! :)

To be honest, I don't recall saying anything about downgrading in that thread, but yes if you delete your game data, you'll lose everything in it including photos, replays, and course maker tracks. Photos and replays can be extracted from the game data within GT5 though.
Oh ok, I misunderstood what type of data replays were a part of. I thought they were a part of save game data and not game data. It makes sense how they got deleted then. Thank you for helping me out :)

Back