The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #15 (So Wrong, it's Right!) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 76 comments
Spoon goes to America!

V8 - 4 Banger
Rear wheel - Front wheel
American - Japanese

I wanted to design the new Vette since it just came out and this was a perfect time for it. I chose the original EK hatch sponsors and the new graphics to combine the heritage. Then i added some extra graphics to make it more original to America.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

PS5 Raytracing

A mid-80’s Zakspeed/Roush 7-Eleven livery that would be more at home on a Ford Mustang GTO or Probe GTP, wrapped onto a legendary 90’s rice cooker. It shouldn’t work, yet it somehow… weirdly does.

Oh, and, for added wrongness, it’s a Honda NSX with IMSA decals, and not an Acura. Suck it.

Incidentally, since I got the GT500 engine swap for it, this is now my favourite weapon for 700PP events. De-tuned to 430HP, it gets excellent gas milage and will outrun any Gr.4 car in a straight line. Zoom.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

PS4 Base

The 'Zagatoyota' is the V12 Aston Martin Zagato livery from the 2011 Nurbirgring 24 hours, on the Toyota SFR. The original was called 'Zag' while the green version was 'Zig' also in the Speedhunters article here. Most of the sponsors are fairly synonymous with Aston Martin, making this the wrong manufacturer (and scale?). I adapted the lights and windows, reshaped the front and rear and added side vents to bring out the inherent similarity between the Zagato and the SFR, in the hope of making it also 'right' somehow :)

I see it as the child to the original, which explains the difference in the watch (ahem); the details will start to emerge as it gets bigger and learns more about the world :) Actually I'm working on the watch but I may never finish it; so far down from 30Mb to 4Mb and boy am I sick of it!

Really nice liveries here, I unfortunately didn’t make it. I bit off way more than I could chew on this one. My idea was the Michel Vaillant Z4 livery on the new Toyota Z4, I mean Supra. I got this far as of today.
CE077C4D-8754-4B4A-9758-0D1510446D3F.png

Wasnt that decal/car done already btw?
Man that is a hellish job. Im doing something from scratch for the LeMans comp and let me say this, I will never do such thing again lol.
Yes, @MatskiMonk has done the benchmark version and a new member here just created a version as well. I enjoy the challenge more than anything, so I am taking a stab as well.

Last edited:
Yes, @MatskiMonk has done the benchmark version
There's certainly room for improvement on mine. I burned out drawing the bonnet in time for a LEC so the rest leaves room for improvement, to say I was ****** off with it by the time it was finished is an understatement.

v1.2 is coming at some point ;)

I enjoy the challenge more than anything
Great opportunity for refining your vector drawing skills. Certainly so far the Z4 looks fantastic. On the actual car, that lower section of the bonnet is printed vinyl from a standard resolution picture, so on the real car it's pixelated as **** up close :D.

I also ran out of time. Life with a toddler at Christmas got in the way of my Extinction Rebellion Bugatti Chiron I started on and didn't get very far with... 🤣🤦

I also ran out of time. Life with a toddler at Christmas got in the way of my Extinction Rebellion Bugatti Chiron I started on and didn't get very far with... 🤣🤦
Yes, I was slowed by the holiday stretch, but the kids gave me an Apple Pencil and that has a real time saver.

Back