Enjoy Car Life
Premium
Germany
Fürstentum Lippe
GTP_Nuschel
Two Decals, One Car
full

THIS MONTH'S THEME

It's back to basics with this one, @ZombieLiquid chose this submission by @sturk0167 and set a very different challenge for you this time:

"Anybody can paste some fancy decals on a car and make it look cool. Let's see if you can create a masterpiece with minimal supplies. With only 2 decals (the game-provided square and circle decals), transform your vehicle into a piece of art. There will be no sponsors. You can resize and stretch them as you wish. You can adjust the angle of application. Just come up with something that's pleasing to the eye :)"

CARS:
  • All

BODY PARTS / WIDEBODY:
  • Allowed

LIVERIES:
  • Original designs only

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
  • You can only use the square and circle decals of the ingame selection

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS:
  • None

USER MADE DECALS:
  • Not Allowed

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

• The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following: [COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Absolutely no entries which utilise edited/hacked file saves.
  • Winner gets to choose the following month’s theme.
  • The organisers may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
  • It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.

ENTRY PRESENTATION
  • All images shall have preview images which may not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures).
  • You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory location and settings as shown in the quote below.
  • You are allowed to post two bonus pictures in a spoiler ([SPOILER]...[/SPOILER]) with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else).
  • You have to make one post with ONLY the set allowed number of pictures and the FINAL ENTRY (see above) mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry, but please put all additional images in a spoiler. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.
  • It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
  • Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
  • Do not attach your phots directly to your entry post.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
  • No post-game editing of any entry image is allowed.
  • Mark your entry with which platform you're on and which mode you're using, whether it’s taken on PS4 Base, PS4 Pro, PS5 Raytracing or PS5 Framerate.

MANDATORY PICTURES
  • You have to post a front and a rear quarter view of your car:
    • Mandatory Scape: S&Company East, Saitama, Japan (scape number 5)
    • Focal Length: ~80mm ±5mm
    • Aperture: f5.6 or f8.0
    • Shutter Speed: 1/1 Second
    • Exposure Correction: +0.5 to +1.0
  • Do not use any Filters or Effects at all and only the camera setting above within the allowed limits; the pictures are supposed to be as equal as possible for all entries and not give anyone who is a bit more savvy with the Scapes Camera an advantage! Try to stay as close as possible to how the video shows the shot to be taken!

NOTE: if you have previously entered, just go to Scapes > My Library > click your previous entry > Open Scapes > change car to the new entry, refocus and snap a new photo. No need to reposition the camera/car unless its proportions are wildly different.

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me, Matski or any other participant you feel comfortable reaching out to.

PLEASE NOTE: Repeat offenders will be disqualified. If your entry doesn’t match the rules you will be made aware of it at least once, so please keep an eye out for any notifications reaching your profile.

DEADLINE

April 30th, 2023 - 23:59 UTC

@sturk0167 what about messing with a decal's opacity? Is that allowed or should it all be solid colours?
I guess we can do it as it remain the square sticker or the circle one...

Also are the gradient versions of the square and circle from the shape 2 menu allowed?
I doubt on this, as you take other stickers, even if they are "similar"

Last edited:
Am I correct that we can turn these two shapes into any shape they can make? i.e. I can make an oval from the circle and rhombus from square etc. each decal must START as a circle or square?
That's how I read it too
With only 2 decals (the game-provided square and circle decals), transform your vehicle into a piece of art. There will be no sponsors. You can resize and stretch them as you wish.​
p.s. that title, I get a slight gag reaction every time I read it :)

So I can do anything I want once I only use those two decals?

Without it being a blank Marlboro livery…
Anything you want as long as you only use those 2 decals (as many times as you want. Once each: now THERE'S a challenge :))

I'm I right in thinking 'no sponsors' refers to the decals but you can make text with the shapes if you are crazy enough? Back in the day before decal uploads, I hand crafted the Kamei logo 7 times on my first livery :scared:

or a barcode Marlboro?

Last edited:
First of all, I am shocked that somebody picked my LEC suggestion. :eek:

@sturk0167 what about messing with a decal's opacity? Is that allowed or should it all be solid colours?
Yeah. That's fine.
Also are the gradient versions of the square and circle from the shape 2 menu allowed?
No, sir
Am I correct that we can turn these two shapes into any shape they can make? i.e. I can make an oval from the circle and rhombus from square etc. each decal must START as a circle or square?
You bet 👍

It does not need to look like a racecar, at all. In fact, it shouldn't.
The idea is to just use the vehicle as a canvas for your artwork. 🎨

Praise to @ZombieLiquid for choosing this unconventional theme. :)

Last edited:
Anything you want as long as you only use those 2 decals (as many times as you want. Once each: now THERE'S a challenge :))

I'm I right in thinking 'no sponsors' refers to the decals but you can make text with the shapes if you are crazy enough? Back in the day before decal uploads, I hand crafted the Kamei logo 7 times on my first livery :scared:

or a barcode Marlboro?
They’re on to me…

Did you do all the lettering with square and circles? If so, wow.
Its funny how the camera does not show how crooked the small squares are from certain angles. Good planning in front and lots of grinding because you can't know the exact amount of pieces in text graphics before you start doing. Audi tt cup-text took more then 150 pieces and double that. Then you have less then 100 left for body. Rehau + logo about 130. Audi rings around 25.

Just to give examples to every one how wants to do text and logos too...

I'm on the same journey... Making letters with only squares and circles is a horrible idea. Especially when you can't group them for the duplicate on the other side...
It looks like we’re all struggling with that, I’m not sure I could ever make mine look as neat as @ville500’s

Last edited:
What a grind! At first the task seemed very nice and suiting. Then kept running out of decal spaces on the body and had to edit the decals to work. Would have wanted to get the roof done and more advertisement but no chance of getting everything in 400 pieces. Happy to have this grinder over...

lol I'm not doing that. I'm going with something admitedly low effort just to submit something.

But, nevertheless, congratulations on your work. Looks very well done, impressive result really, at first glance I thought "looks like someone didn't read the briefing"!

Personally I'm treating this as a 'conceptual' challenge, can't face the grind pain, reckon the art is a stretch too in the traditional sense, so going down the minimalist art route with this one :) And my art concept is (fanfare) something I could speed build after I've worked it out, so minimal decals and/or less importance over accuracy needing careful tweaking of decals. Waiting to see if anything surfaces in the noggin that has a chance of looking acceptable.

Alternatively, was casting interested glances at a
It took me a couple of days (and the help of @MatskiMonk) to get the decals working properly, so sorry about the delay. But here she is. If you like it, I can get it shared tonight?

View attachment 1244690
(Can't figure out how to display the attachment, livery below)
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/user/mymenu/d1f613d3-d518-4250-983e-38016cfdac44/activity/1/Bfh1TKjvog:19421899797332183
Not the lettering, but something that has a character that is deliberately simple, in that case a cartoon for kids. would take longer, but inspiration may never strike on my art concept
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Last edited:
I’m going art car vibe if I get going, good for you guys though.

Same here (wait, we're not going to be like two women turning up at the same party with the same outfit are we?)

... but if anyone needs an easy sponsor, MAHLE is pretty easy!
mahle-gmbh-vector-logo.png

Only 17 squares. (or 14 if against another flat decal)..

What a grind! At first the task seemed very nice and suiting. Then kept running out of decal spaces on the body and had to edit the decals to work. Would have wanted to get the roof done and more advertisement but no chance of getting everything in 400 pieces. Happy to have this grinder over...
Well done on persevering with it! Starting a livery you don't know you can finish is no fun!

Last edited:
Personally I'm treating this as a 'conceptual' challenge, can't face the grind pain, reckon the art is a stretch too in the traditional sense, so going down the minimalist art route with this one :) And my art concept is (fanfare) something I could speed build after I've worked it out, so minimal decals and/or less importance over accuracy needing careful tweaking of decals. Waiting to see if anything surfaces in the noggin that has a chance of looking acceptable.

Alternatively, was casting interested glances at a pink and white supervan recently :) Not the lettering, but something that has a character that is deliberately simple, in that case a cartoon for kids. would take longer, but inspiration may never strike on my art concept
I'm doing a combination art car with "sponsors" and I feel already that it was a mistake.
Should have stuck with M__lb___

Last edited:
I’m just starting to think about the challenge, but maybe Kandinsky’s circles? Definitely need to spend some brain cycles on this one. Also if we were to have the same idea, i promise I’m not a threat 😂.
Not sure what I broke with this attempt at quoting, mods please combine if possible.

Last edited:
Back