The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #23 (Two Decals, One Car) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 130 comments
I hate to ask, but if possible could you extend the deadline by an hour please? I'm nearly done, sorry
I'll edit yours into the poll once it's posted here :) Considering it's the middle of the night for most of us Euro plebs and me observing the first hour of voting if I managed to not fall asleep in the past I wouldn't say you'd loose out on anything :D

Loop Time GIF by Psyklon

Turns out they only need 720:58h :lol:
720 hours given for each competition, and still, people need one more :lol:
:embarrassed: The shame, the shame...
I'll edit yours into the poll once it's posted here :) Considering it's the middle of the night for most of us Euro plebs and me observing the first hour of voting if I managed to not fall asleep in the past I wouldn't say you'd loose out on anything :D
Thank you very much @Nuschel01

Last edited:
Personally I'm treating this as a 'conceptual' challenge, can't face the grind pain, reckon the art is a stretch too in the traditional sense, so going down the minimalist art route with this..
So after all that concept art talk I just couldn't get sufficient negative capability into my work, or, more truthfully, I stumbled across the Porsche 906 that this is based on about 10 minutes later:

There are articles if you search for '906 El Tigre', it was quite famous in Venezuela.

Glad I got to enter, it took a fair but of tweaking to get right, which is a pain to do with basic shapes skewed/placed/angled, an unanticipated pain about doing this sort of layered livery is simply finding the correct decal among 300 yellow and black circles and squares. But I did get to practice placement angles a lot and learnt that the square follows a curved surface differently than a decal with parallel lines, which is useful to know, and to repeat a quote I liked from an earlier LEC, "a challenge is good for the soul"

Just to add that the results people have achieved far exceeded what I expected given the challenge, and so many too

Last edited:
Back