The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #26 (Let the Music Play) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 59 comments
Very nice works so far and very happy to see that people like rock / hard rock / metal... so do I ! 😋

Therefore, I will also had inspiration for a Metal Music livery 😅
I'm trying to put together a livery for this one, but currently reliant on a request I've put into the SVG request thread... if that one doesn't eventuate I won't be in this one, sadly!

I'll have a look at these tonight.
Season 9 Thank You GIF by The Office

...I'm curious if anyone identifies them all.
<pub quiz competitiveness kicks in>

<pub quiz incompetence exposes itself>

Roof - Wish you were here *
Bonnet - Pulse (!) (Time over right flank)
right rear - Something related to the 14hr technicolour dream Relics
right front - atom heart mother
rear - darkside of the moon *
left front to back - final cut , division bell , the wall *, ? (purple bit) Animals
spoiler and boot - the endless river (!)
Rear window - ?

....also spent time trying to identify the rear light cluster in the 2nd bonus shot :dunce:, and had to look up relics

I'm no Floyd expert, only 3 (*) that I've listened to in full, and some which I don't recall having heard anything from (!).

Amazing details all round, but the Pulse cover - wow

First effort for this LEC was a Boognish approved Ween livery, I think Ween like Atom Heart Mother:

... might be wrong, the connection just came to me then :) Ween made it OK for me to go back to some of the stuff Sid Vicious died to save us from (joke, hopefully Sid won't be offended)

So many ideas for this theme but this popped up immediatly .
Second Metallica entry but different car & album.
Based on the cover of Ride The Lightning
NC0xMzk5Lm1wbw.jpeg

I'm only aware of these irl
are there more ?

Motorhead Lambo
1.jpg

Linkin Park Mercedes
16C682_16.jpg

edit:
realised that in nascar there were a few

more recent GNR & Ghost
Erik-Jones-Guns-N-Roses-Daytona-International-Speedway-NASCAR-Cup-Series-Legacy-Motor-Club.jpeg

FNu_4B9XEAsugqm

Kiss Supercar

0A5A1807.jpg
Atomic Kitten in the BTCC

CmrJO04WgAAwoaT.jpg

ABBA F1

ekzb75njbar41.jpg

Surely there must be loads in NASCAR.

Someone please do Aerosmiths Indycar - my skills couldn't but this has been voted the ugliest livery ever in a fair few polls ive seen

Rules call for an original livery so it couldn't be a replica, could serve as inspiration though.

... also I'm not sure remaking the ugliest livery ever is great tactic for winning a LEC. :lol:
Aerosmith was at one time on a list of band sponsored liveries I wanted to do, would definitely get my vote! I actually think it looks great, but I have made a livery specifically because it was eye-popping (ugly is such an ugly word), but you're right, it was not a like-magnet :) And before any of you wags chip in, no, it wasn't my last LEC entry :irked:

Anyway, I only got 2 entries ticked off that list, the abba and the hipgnosis led zep, here that is with random others:

IMG_0765.jpeg

IMG_0766.jpeg

IMG_0746.jpeg

IMG_0767.jpeg

IMG_0740.jpeg

IMG_0741.jpeg

IMG_0749.jpeg

<pub quiz competitiveness kicks in>

<pub quiz incompetence exposes itself>

Roof - Wish you were here *
Bonnet - Pulse (!) (Time over right flank)
right rear - Something related to the 14hr technicolour dream Relics
right front - atom heart mother
rear - darkside of the moon *
left front to back - final cut , division bell , the wall *, ? (purple bit) Animals
spoiler and boot - the endless river (!)
Rear window - ?

....also spent time trying to identify the rear light cluster in the 2nd bonus shot :dunce:, and had to look up relics

I'm no Floyd expert, only 3 (*) that I've listened to in full, and some which I don't recall having heard anything from (!).

Amazing details all round, but the Pulse cover - wow

First effort for this LEC was a Boognish approved Ween livery, I think Ween like Atom Heart Mother:

... might be wrong, the connection just came to me then :) Ween made it OK for me to go back to some of the stuff Sid Vicious died to save us from (joke, hopefully Sid won't be offended)

Rear window is the Pink Floyd logo as per Endless River artwork...

... the only one you missed was the window banner, which was the logo from their first album, Piper at the gates of dawn. Well done!

If there was only one artist to keep listening in my whole life it would be Bob Marley, but combining the reggae GOAT and VGT cars isn't an easy task so I went for something more accurate...

I couldn't tell exactly how all came together but at one point I had Daft Punk in mind and saw my Aston Martin "DP" 100 and my brain said "let's go"! :scared:

Then I had the Homework album in my first Daft Punk memories and thought about a way to create something less simple than the proper album cover.
Don't ask me why but I thought about the Iron Force Porsche 911 Nürburgring '19 livery and that's how I wanted to mix everything!

So here is the result, that's definitely not what I'm used to do but I actually did mixed the concept of the livery I took inspiration from with the Daft Punk album cover and the Manufacturer so... let's go!

Special thanks to @DAFTPUT for the stickers, I couldn't have done it like I wanted to without them! :cheers:

Last edited:
Possibly the best party rock bands ever to come out of Southern California, the one & only Van Halen. I've been fortunate to seem the a few times live & I'm extremely grateful for that. (1984 & 1992) Eddie Van Halen also was one of the most down to earth, well grounded musician often working with charities like Mr Holland's Opus Foundation. The foundation donates both new and refurbished instruments to school and after-school music programs. Even with after Edward's passing the band's sprit rocks on.

FINAL ENTRY

Ps4 Base

I initially struggled with this one trying to recreate a Feeder/GT3 vibe but couldn't get it going.

Then I saw the artwork for Sam Fender around town who played Newcastles St James Park this weekend - seems like everyone around here but me went over the 2 nights

With loads of help from @MatskiMonk (much appreciated) I used that imagery which was in collaboration with local bakers Greggs to create this entry.

The roof section takes inspiration from a mid 90s Newcastle goalkeeper kit which Sam has in bucket hat form.

I was in trouble for choosing a single artist for this livery...
Feeder came to my mind as they were in the first GT ingame songs and I love their music.
But I only found one sticker about the band, available in the game :indiff:

Therefore, I chose the famous french Metal Festival called the HELLFEST, taking place very soon ! Perfect timing 😁
Because it takes place in France, I had no other choice than choosing a French VGT 😋

Edit : Some details might be strange, like the days / date format, but I stick with the festival official poster, like the black and blue colors

🤘

Last edited:
I initially struggled with this one trying to recreate a Feeder/GT3 vibe but couldn't get it going.

Then I saw the artwork for Sam Fender around town who played Newcastles St James Park this weekend - seems like everyone around here but me went over the 2 nights

With loads of help from @MatskiMonk (much appreciated) I used that imagery which was in collaboration with local bakers Greggs to create this entry.

The roof section takes inspiration from a mid 90s Newcastle goalkeeper kit which Sam has in bucket hat form.
Same first inspiration 👍

A band not everyone here will have heard of, but easily my favourite discovery of the last 5 years. Phantogram and their debut album Eyelid Movies. Their following three albums are all brilliant as well, but this is the one that set it all off!

A massive shout out to @MatskiMonk for his help making the super complex decals for this one. The man is an absolute genius, so i simply HAD to apply this livery to the BMW VGT!

Edit: the album cover that inspired the livery.

Screenshot_20230614_205655_eBay.jpg

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

The album:

Spiderland was the 2nd and final album released in 1991 by a post-hardcore group of teenagers (when they wrote most of it), after the band had already collapsed. It's a difficult album to classify, and I guess still relatively unknown, but despite this, 30 years later it still appears in many 'best of...' lists, google 'Spiderland review' for a wide range of written descriptions.

I chose it:
1. because of how singular Spiderland is, and the frequency over those years with which I keep returning to it (more than any other)
2. Because the images on the album are mainly black and white, and I knew I could tackle a detailed autotrace :)

The mythology/story of Slint has eeked out slowly over the years, until in 2014 a great indie doc 'breadcrumb trail' was released:

Spiderland itself is covered from about 52 mins in, and is very different to the music which preceeds it, but the documentary I find funny and heartwarming/heartbreaking, and may be a better starting point than the album, which I admit isn't for everybody; Kerrang called it "An uncommonly uneasy listen" :) As you can tell from the documentary, it is very much a musician's/critic's album.

As for the livery, I wanted it to reflect the scope of ambition outlined in the detailed interview they finally gave Rolling Stone around the same time, mixed with my own impressions. There are only 6 songs, and 2 others were deliberately left out in favour of 2 songs which seem pale in comparison, but the band wanted the album to sound 'like nature' not only in the exquisite playing which lets difficult/jarring timesignature and chord progressions breathe, but in the ebb and flow of the album as a whole. So the livery is asymmetrical, and has areas where I stopped myself cramming in detail. Yin/yang also reflects nature and the complementary nature of opposites, so the black and white distribution is circular rather than opposing, same with the level of detail/information, but in a different cycle. And I know how nerd guy that sounds :D
So to balance that out, here's a photo of a Saab on their first album, which is the one which really started math rock rather than Spiderland

Last edited:
Back