Enjoy Car Life
Premium
Germany
Fürstentum Lippe
GTP_Nuschel
Open Wheels
full

THIS MONTH'S THEME

It's time to get those formulas out for this fortnight. Last LEC's winner @Sian chose this theme which was originally proposed by @Cytoria for GTS LEC #21, let's hear what he had to say:

"Since the launch of the LEC, 20 rounds ago, there is one particular type of car that didn't get too much attention, despite being the ultimate racing class. In fact, over 502 entries, only 7 dare to use an open-wheel car. The liveries on this type of car requires a different style from the usual racers. That's why it would be too easy to reproduce actual monoplace liveries. Replicas of existing open-wheeled cars are not allowed, so no F1 / Indycar / Formula E, and no Prototype liveries. BUT, as you'll need creativity to adapt them to the specific bodywork of the mandatory cars, you can make "replicas" of other racing cars. Whether it will be a Raybrig X2014, a Black Falcon KTM, or a pure original design, just have fun and let your imagination flows!"

CARS:
  • BAC Mono
  • Chapparal 2X
  • Ford Roadster
  • F1500T-A
  • Honda 2&4
  • Honda RA272
  • Kart
  • KTM X-Bow
  • Lamborghini VGT
  • McLaren MP4/4
  • Red Bull X cars
  • Super Formula Cars

BODY PARTS / WIDEBODY:
  • Allowed

LIVERIES:
  • Original and restricted replica designs

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
  • Replica liveries are only allowed if they are not of an open wheel car or prototype

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS:
  • -

USER MADE DECALS:
  • Allowed

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

• The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following: [COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Absolutely no entries which utilise edited/hacked file saves.
  • Winner gets to choose the following month’s theme.
  • The organisers may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
  • It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.

ENTRY PRESENTATION
  • All images shall have preview images which may not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures).
  • You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory location and settings as shown in the quote below.
  • You are allowed to post two bonus pictures in a spoiler ([SPOILER]...[/SPOILER]) with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else).
  • You have to make one post with ONLY the set allowed number of pictures and the FINAL ENTRY (see above) mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry, but please put all additional images in a spoiler. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.
  • It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
  • Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
  • Do not attach your phots directly to your entry post.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
  • No post-game editing of any entry image is allowed.
  • Mark your entry with which platform you're on and which mode you're using, whether it’s taken on PS4 Base, PS4 Pro, PS5 Raytracing or PS5 Framerate.

MANDATORY PICTURES
  • You have to post a front and a rear quarter view of your car:
    • Mandatory Scape: S&Company East, Saitama, Japan (scape number 5)
    • Focal Length: ~80mm ±5mm
    • Aperture: f5.6 or f8.0
    • Shutter Speed: 1/1 Second
    • Exposure Correction: +0.5 to +1.0
  • Do not use any Filters or Effects at all and only the camera setting above within the allowed limits; the pictures are supposed to be as equal as possible for all entries and not give anyone who is a bit more savvy with the Scapes Camera an advantage! Try to stay as close as possible to how the video shows the shot to be taken!

NOTE: if you have previously entered, just go to Scapes > My Library > click your previous entry > Open Scapes > change car to the new entry, refocus and snap a new photo. No need to reposition the camera/car unless its proportions are wildly different.

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me, Matski or any other participant you feel comfortable reaching out to.

PLEASE NOTE: Repeat offenders will be disqualified. If your entry doesn’t match the rules you will be made aware of it at least once, so please keep an eye out for any notifications reaching your profile.

DEADLINE

July 3rd, 2023 - 23:59 UTC

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

This is my first time participating in a livery competition (or actually doing anything in GTP that isn't just lurking) so I hope you enjoy. The livery is based on Esso's Supra participating in the 1999 JGTC season. It's a simple yet striking livery and a favorite of mine.

I thought just doing a 1:1 remake would be kinda boring, so I spiced it up by adding some extra sponsors and what-nots to make it look more like something that could actually appear in a Super Formula race. Again, I hope you enjoy.

Link

Last edited:
This is my first time participating in a livery competition (or actually doing anything in GTP that isn't just lurking) so I hope you enjoy. The livery is based on Esso's Supra participating in the 1999 JGTC season. It's a simple yet striking livery and a favorite of mine.

I thought just doing a 1:1 remake would be kinda boring, so I spiced it up by adding some extra sponsors and what-nots to make it look more like something that could actually appear in a Super Formula race. Again, I hope you enjoy.

Link
Welcome mate, and GG, beautiful entry! :)

I think the spirit of the rules is that if you're choosing to not do something original, it shouldn't be something that's too easy to transpose from the original car, i.e. you still have to put some creative thought about how you're going to portray it. I'd suggest that excluding 'prototypes' is meant to mean non production based top level purpose built sports cars... MotoGP bikes might be considered prototypes, but you're unlikely to just be copying a design 1:1 from a bike...

... just my two cents, @Cytoria doesn't seem to have been about recently, but perhaps some clarification?

My second idea I think came out nicely will see, My first idea was a tribute to the Le Mans winning Ferrari the first in 58 years for the manufacture

Last edited:
CARS:
  • BAC Mono
  • Chapparal 2X
  • F1500T-A
  • Honda 2&4
  • Honda RA272
  • Kart
  • KTM X-Bow
  • McLaren MP4/4
  • Red Bull X cars
  • Super Formula Cars
I think the Ford Roadster should be added to the list don't you think?

Edit : and what about the Lamborghini VGT?

I'm gonna check Brand Central and edit again if I see something else.
Were these cars forgotten or don't you want them for some reason?

Last edited:
Since this is my first time entering a livery competition, I just want to make sure I'm interpreting the rules properly. Can I still change my entry even though I have put "final entry" on my post or is that what I'll have to enter with? Not sure if I want to change, just wanted clarification. Thank you.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

"Japan Airlines" Honda RA272 "Flying Koi"

PS5 Raytracing

Since this is my first time entering a livery competition, I just want to make sure I'm interpreting the rules properly. Can I still change my entry even though I have put "final entry" on my post or is that what I'll have to enter with? Not sure if I want to change, just wanted clarification. Thank you.
Yes you can change your entry once.

Then if you have just minor changes to do (correct some default you didn't see first for example) you can update your pics

FINAL ENTRY

"Japan Airlines" Honda RA272 "Flying Koi"

PS5 Raytracing

Hey guys! Sorry it took me a bit to typing this down.

For this entry, I’d like to present you guys with the Honda RA272 a.k.a “The Flying Koi”

A Cyberpunk/Restomod Inspired livery based on a what-if kinda situation.

I Initially thought of incorporating ARASAKA (fictional corporation from Mike Pondsmith’s Cyberpunk TTRPG series)But deciding on Japan airlines instead.

Also the car is fitted with Honda Sensing 360 just for funsies :)

Hope you guys like the livery, Thankyou!

▾▾▾LIVERY LINK▾▾▾

This is a bit of fantasy with the case of the lost Brabham. At the end of 1987, Brabham were without an Engine supplier for 1988 after the withdrawl of BMW, and with Bernie Ecclestone no longer interested in running the team, they sat out 1988 before re-appearing in 1989 under new ownership. This is the case of what may of been for 1988, with Lancia filling in the vacant Engine slot for fun. Shocking Fila branding for the 80's vibe as well!

Back