The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #42 (What If...) Closed

• Thread starter Racerx_34
  • 76 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I go and set up my pics for this entry, is there an updated thread or set of instructions for locations and settings somewhere?

Sorry if it's already been covered - I'm pretty blind most of the time!

Before I go and set up my pics for this entry, is there an updated thread or set of instructions for locations and settings somewhere?

Sorry if it's already been covered - I'm pretty blind most of the time!

Locations are on the first page of this thread. No filters allowed

FINAL ENTRY

Ps4 Pro

1000008329.jpg

1000008328.jpg

1000008330.jpg
1000008331.jpg

Background Story Renown Restyle,

First to say, I LOVE the original but...

I had an infection in my brain a couple of years ago, I'm oversensitive for multiple sounds at the same time and busy visions (I hope I translate it correctly😅). That's why I thought to clean up a Livery I like and make it more suitable for me.

I'm very glad how it turned out, but I'm not sure if I've matched the green and the orange (I still didn't find color codes for well known Liveries) I hope anyone could help me with this.😇

I hope you like them and I will drop the liveries online, after I've changed the driver names with the original drivers from car number 55 and of course with the number.

At last I want to say that I enjoyed this theme a lot and I hope I've time and energy for the next ones to.
And a lot of respect to the livery makers here, with all those beautiful and creative designs which I've seen passing by in the the last couple of months.💪

Peace.

1000008332.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve struggled to find inspiration for this one, I’ve got a couple of ideas, but won’t have time to do it before the deadline. Good luck to everyone that has entered

When Ferrari announced they were going to have their cars would be blue at Miami, I actually went ahead and made a version of how I thought they would look.
Turned out I was quite off the mark, but I wish I hadn't been.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240530094938.jpg

Attachments

• Gran Turismo® 7_20240530094956.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20240530094956.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Trans Global BP Mazda Atenza GT300

PS4 Standard
For this competition I wanted to take an old JTCC team and reinvent their super-basic livery into something much more bold and creative, as if they'd come to me in 2015 and said: "We're entering next year's Super GT in a Mazda Atenza GT300 and we want you to bring our old livery back from the dead."

And here's the result!

I wanted to maintain the core elements: yellow as the dominant colour, BP green patches on the bonnet and in front of the rear wheels, with black text for the bulk of the sponsor logos. And from there I got inventive. Be sure to check out the bonus pics to see the effect of the chrome base which has a semi-transparent texture decal over the top - I think it really pops against the very angular design of the rest of the livery and brings a contrasting element to the contrasting "colour" choice.

6742.jpg

Here you go and this time, I actually read the instructions on how the contests work! (Hopefully I did it right)
First-time entrant, so I'll get it right the first time, next time. :D

FINAL ENTRY

2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Car - Miami GP Edition

View attachment 1360643

View attachment 1360644
Close, but you have to use the two locations and settings that we all use. Once you set it up once you can just switch cars for future entries.

The Reebok R32 has to be one of the most boring, yet recognizable liveries out there - here's my take. I had originally done a similar one on an R92, but I think it looks great on the R32. Love the new photo locations!

Download here!

Here you go and this time, I actually read the instructions on how the contests work! (Hopefully I did it right)
First-time entrant, so I'll get it right the first time, next time. :D

FINAL ENTRY

2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Car - Miami GP Edition

View attachment 1360643

View attachment 1360644

I’ve added the reference mandatory scapes to the original post for the thread.

You can use one or both of these to make two scapes for the LEC.

As said already, you can then save them for future use, which makes it much easier for the next LECs.

These are the only scapes that are eligible for the LEC

McLaren Löwenbräu 1978

In the 1978 F1 season, McLaren run its pair of M26s at the US and Canadian Grands Prix in a one-off, blue Löwenbräu livery for both James Hunt and Patrick Tambay.

1000031571.jpg

I just learned about it a few weeks ago and I was not really happy how much this one missed the chance to become a big hit.

Livery is a maskjob to accomplish a nice golden touch in the stripes and Löwenbräu Logos, decals are half matte.

Link: https://www.gran-turismo.com/de/gt7...5d-93a17f250b21/gallery/All/19422284236160108

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Tried a variation on the F1 GTR Fina livery; part way through I decided that the longtail version of the F1 looks a bit ungainly/oversized at the back. Oversized led to bosozoku, which led to the hard scallops with a whiff of Fina and a whisper of bmw motorsports in the colours. I think it looks a bit racier... I'll keep the 'blame the car' card in the back pocket for the poll results :)

I'm getting replay crashes on this one, I'll try again tomorrow to get a 2nd bonus shot with a comparison to the original livery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back