The GT7 roulette prize wheel needs a rebalance. Here's what I propose:

• Thread starter TuxedoGT
  • 14 comments
United States
United States
I devised a rebalance of the roulette prize wheel in GT7 using prime numbers. I believe it to be more fair while maintaining the excitement of getting the rarer and higher value items. Here is the math:

The wheel has five possible prizes, so we will use the first five prime numbers 2,3,5,7 and 11

Add them together 2+3+5+7+11=28

Divide 100 by 28. 100/28=3.571428

Then multiply each prime number by X. Where X=3.571428

02*X=07.142856
03*X=10.714284
05*X=17.85714
07*X=24.999996
11*X=39.285708

Round all the results to the nearest tenth and we have our percentage chances for prize payout (listed from the most to the least valuable prizes in credits):

07.1% Tier 5
10.7% Tier 4
17.9% Tier 3
25.0% Tier 2
39.3% Tier 1

All prizes should be divided into tiers by their Cr. value in relation to the value of the other prizes available on the wheel. with tier 1 being the least valuable and tier 5 the most valuable. The rarity of prizes such as engine swaps and special parts should be based on their Cr. value since they all have a “Recommended Retail Price” assigned to them, even though they are listed as “Not for sale”. For example, the H25A-Escudo engine when won says “Not for sale” but, when we go to install it we can see that it is valued at Cr. 850,000. This method would make some of the cheaper engine swaps like the VR38DETT-GT-R-NISMO valued at only Cr. 93,500 more accessible, while still keeping the expensive ones rare.

On the topic of roulette wheels, I also believe the ★★★ tickets should no longer spawn after reaching car collector level 50, Only ★★★★ tickets and higher. It is frustrating to log on for the sole purpose of doing my daily marathon only to get 5000Cr. from a ★★★ ticket. Perhaps the rebalance would fix some of that. But, as it is right now, it is insulting.

Regarding the invitational vouchers, they should not respawn as an available prize if you already have purchased all the cars that the voucher makes available. Instead, it should be a one time prize with no time limit. Ultimately, they should not be on the prize wheel at all, and instead unlocked via some other method. Like owning a specific number of cars from the brand for example, or completing a one make or brand specific race/series. As for me with the way it is now, I already own all of the cars these invitations unlock. So getting one in a prize wheel is absolutely useless to me. Unless I decide to buy another one for some reason.

Anyway I doubt any of this info will make it to Polyphony Digital. And even if it does somehow make it, it will most likely fall on deaf ears. But I wanted to make it as a “what if” experiment. Thank you for reading and let me know your thoughts (if you want).

Last edited:
My thoughts?

1. Yay, another thread about how to fix the roulette ticket system/invitations.
2. You have way too much free time on your hands.
3. You know the roulette tickets aren't actually random now, right? The prize is determined as soon as the ticket is generated; the other non-get options on the wheel are just for show.
4. You are absolutely correct that PD will not do anything even close to what you've suggested.
5. You got to your prize distribution percentages in a fantastically silly way, but they work for me.
6. Welcome to GTPlanet.

I just wanna buy the fxx-k.:(

Down with the roulette prize wheel.
I bought a fancy yellow FXX-K last night and sold it before I could complete a full lap of Maggi... It's alright I guess although I regretted the purchase immediately...

It's a very expensive brick. You'd think the 1 lap attack at Monza was enough of a test drive? Or perhaps Monza isn't using it to it's full potential? Nope. Still a brick.

I'd rather have the 3.6 million! And I sold it for a huge loss at around 1.2 or 1.6 million 🤣 just gimme my credits back.

Last edited:
My thoughts?

1. Yay, another thread about how to fix the roulette ticket system/invitations.
2. You have way too much free time on your hands.
3. You know the roulette tickets aren't actually random now, right? The prize is determined as soon as the ticket is generated; the other non-get options on the wheel are just for show.
4. You are absolutely correct that PD will not do anything even close to what you've suggested.
5. You got to your prize distribution percentages in a fantastically silly way, but they work for me.
6. Welcome to GTPlanet.
1. I know
2. I know
3. I know
4. I know
5. :)
6. Thank you

I bought a fancy yellow FXX-K last night and sold it before I could complete a full lap of Maggi... It's alright I guess although I regretted the purchase immediately...

It's a very expensive brick. You'd think the 1 lap attack at Monza was enough of a test drive? Or perhaps Monza isn't using it to it's full potential? Nope. Still a brick.

I'd rather have the 3.6 million! And I sold it for a huge loss at around 1.2 or 1.6 million 🤣 just gimme my credits back.
I understand but the fxxk is one of my favorite track cars of all time and if this game ever gives me the chance to own it I'll have no regrets in doing so.

Thanks I'm hoping this new year bring me better luck with getting the invite.
I bought the FXX-K but I haven't driven it yet. I've been enjoying the VGT even though there really isn't anything you can do to it. it's still fun and pretty responsive, at least for me anyway.

I just wanna buy the fxx-k.:(
Really? I had no idea. You really must tell us this more often. :rolleyes:

I cant buy the Ferrari FXX-K.

I really have lost interest in buying any more cars till I can buy the fxx-k. 😴

I can buy the FXX-K. :(

I still cant buy the fxx-k. :(

still cant buy the fxx-k.:yuck:

I still Cant buy the fxx-k.:(

I cant buy the fxx-k

I cant buy the fxx-k anymore.

I have such little hope of ever owning the fxx-k I'm just trying anything I can. :(

I still Cant buy the fxx-k because of this broken :redflag: roulette system.:yuck:

This where the wheel belongs:

Attachments

• Dumpster-Fire.jpg
    Dumpster-Fire.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 7
@daan I know I went a little overbroad.:(

So I'll use this from now on. :lol:

Please don't ban me.

:D keep us posted. Perhaps create a dedicated thread with a daily update. Or add to 'what I did today..' thread.

Make sure you tag @daan

Last edited:
Back