• Thread starter Tom
  • 11 comments

Tom

Voice of Gran Turismo
Premium
United Kingdom
Kent
tombrookscomms
So after finding out that there some fantastic tarmac and gravel roads on GTA V, who would be interested in a Grand Theft Auto Rally? Essentially myself and two other people would plot and mark out three/four courses and then once they're decided, we'll pre-arrange a date and try to get as many people involved as possible.

There would need to be one person at both the start and finish of the course as to get the most accurate time possible, and I would also like to have one person to fly a helicopter to ensure that the participant is sticking to the course. Also, a car list would need to be decided.

Who's interested?

I thought I'd help out by suggesting some vehicles that could be used. Pardon me if I do anything wrong, I have never actually played a GTA.

The Dinka Blista looks good for a 2WD compact rally car
The Maibatsu Sanchez is a trailbike that could be used if bikes are allowed
Supposing someone wanted to go Dukes of Hazzard with an Imponte Phoenix or a Declasse Vigero?
Again with the bikes, a Nagasaki Blazer?
Now, Off Road class vehicles look good. Not sure if what I'm suggesting so far is what you'd want for rally. The Dune Buggy and BF Injection look good though...
I've heard of AE86s used for rally, so screw it, just Futo :sly:

That's all I can find. I'll let someone more experienced with GTA take over now.

*Leaves*

Do I even have to answer? :sly:

Online does have rallying in it, although it's an extreme case of rallying where the driver is blindfolded. :scared:

Do I even have to answer? :sly:

Online does have rallying in it, although it's an extreme case of rallying where the driver is blindfolded. :scared:

To be honest it's not a great system. Some may not have/use a mic, and the directional buttons are too vague. But never mind.

Are there actual rally races in the game, like programmed?

A few friends and I have made our own courses. We time each other with our phones. Its pretty cool. If you guys want a few tips to to getting to them just ask. Also we do hillclimbs in the Vinewood hills.

Are there actual rally races in the game, like programmed?

A few friends and I have made our own courses. We time each other with our phones. Its pretty cool. If you guys want a few tips to to getting to them just ask. Also we do hillclimbs in the Vinewood hills.

Yeah, one person is the co-driver and uses a headset or the buttons to navigate the other. It's okay but if you don't have a mic the buttons aren't that good for directing someone else.

Yeah, I did a rally with some randomer and until I turned my mic on, he was pretty much driving in circles.

Back