The GTPlanet Wiki Project

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 107 comments
I've made some adjustments to the GT4 Races Database. All the rally races now have the easy, normal and hard prize cars listed, and i've added to a couple of the other races (prize cars and rules). 👍

jammyozzy
I've made some adjustments to the GT4 Races Database. All the rally races now have the easy, normal and hard prize cars listed, and i've added to a couple of the other races (prize cars and rules). 👍
Awesome, thanks jammy! 👍

Been writing a bit on the GT4 experience in "How real is GT4". Any comments and additons are welcomed. It's about 2/3 complete right now, then I'll go attack another section somewhere as my interest strikes me.

Later,
Canoe

And nobody worked on the Wiki since last september ???

I started today to add some car specifications in the PAL car list.
BTW, this PAL car list is in fact the NTSC car list, since the HSC and DN-X are listed as 'Acura' (they are 'Honda' in the PAL game), and the Esso Ultraflo Supra was missing.
I'll fix it later.

flat-out
And nobody worked on the Wiki since last september ???

I started today to add some car specifications in the PAL car list.
BTW, this PAL car list is in fact the NTSC car list, since the HSC and DN-X are listed as 'Acura' (they are 'Honda' in the PAL game), and the Esso Ultraflo Supra was missing.
I'll fix it later.
I added my ASL Garaiya set-up a few days ago, to test out the wiki. But then it's a pain in the butt to do just one. 177 is just mind boggling. :ill:

Though I'll see what I can do.

Yeah, I saw you've posted a lot on the Wiki.
Yet, I'm wondering if we shouldn't set up a sort of moderation team on the Wiki, to define a sort of architecture.

I mean, there is a page named https://www.gtplanet.net/wiki/index.php/Aston_Martin_DB9 that you've been creating for your settings, and there is another page https://www.gtplanet.net/wiki/index.php/Aston_Martin_DB9_Coupe_2003 created by G.T for his pictures.
IMO, it would be better to have a unique page for the car but that would be divided into different sections accessible by a table of contents.

I think I will carry on adding pictures to each car in the GT4 car lists when I get the time. I get the car pictures from posts all over GTP by the way. I'm just keeping to GTP as nicking some from elsewhere could cause issues. ;)

I've spent a few time yesterday and today updating some pages, and I think we should structure the whole Wiki around 3 different bases :
- Cars
- Tracks
- Events

and make a pages link to the other ones.

I mean, from the PAL and NA car lists I'm busy creating one page per car (or updating the existing page).
I've done the same for one track (George V Paris) and I believe that all events, database or other page should link to the car and track when mentioned.
The great thing about a Wiki is the possible interconnections between all topics, and I find it pretty difficult to browse through the existing Wiki.

Just my 0.02 ($, £ or €, depending on where you're living ;) )

I think 1 page per car is a good idea. That way, people can find everything they need to know about a car in one place, instead of one page for screenshots, one for settings etc.

jammyozzy
Instead of ending up with 50 pages for one car, why not have one large page with settings, info and pics in one place? If I can get some people's permission, I'd like to start making one for each car in the GT4 settings database to start with. :)

Several pages exist, and I'm busy creating the other ones from the Pal car list.
Check out some of them before you start something new.

Yeah, I just spotted that. I guess I was a bit slow with posting. If we could co-ordinate something to get all the pages together, that'd be great. 👍

Hey can you add a car/company profile history to document history of some of these magnificiant vehicles in the Wiki? I'd love to write about them (IE: History of the Corvette, Skyline Ect.)

Hey can you add a car/company profile history to document history of some of these magnificiant vehicles in the Wiki? I'd love to write about them (IE: History of the Corvette, Skyline Ect.)
I was hoping someone would be interested in this! Please go right ahead!

one of the Wiki Links work for me?!
Please be a bit more specific as to exactly what links are not working for you?

Back