The hatchback v the supercar

obsessive rules

(Banned)
United Kingdom
CARLISLEcumbria
warmachine277-
First challenge. Ford focus rs V ford gt, both no aids with s3 tyres. On costa di amalfi.
The results
Ford gt: 2:21.955
Focus RS: 2.22.210
Yes. That close! I got the idea from top gear and they used the mk3 RS. After oversteer from the gt and understeer from the RS it boiled down to the last straight. A twistier track and the RS would win.

Post your challenges here :)

Nonsense. Try that in GT4. The Ford GT would've beaten it by a lot more. The problem is it's too hard to properly apply throttle and brake by tapping an x button. If you had the sticks on a controller, or even better a steering wheel, the GT would destroy the focus if you could drive the cars realisticlly. It's the "driver" not the car

TomBrady
Nonsense. Try that in GT4. The Ford GT would've beaten it by a lot more. The problem is it's too hard to properly apply throttle and brake by tapping an x button. If you had the sticks on a controller, or even better a steering wheel, the GT would destroy the focus if you could drive the cars realisticlly. It's the "driver" not the car

Yes but that's why it's in the gtpsp section. I'll try on gt5 :)

First challenge. Ford focus rs V ford gt, both no aids with s3 tyres. On costa di amalfi.
Post your challenges here :)

Did that same challenge and got the following times:
snap015.jpg

I wouldn't say 7 seconds are close, it's really like TomBrady said. The straights make the difference with these two cars, even if you'd be sliding all the way in the tight corners.

Antares26
Did that same challenge and got the following times:

I wouldn't say 7 seconds are close, it's really like TomBrady said. The straights make the difference with these two cars, even if you'd be sliding all the way in the tight corners.

I had traction problems in the gt. Infact the only reason the gt was ahead was because of the straight.

Antares26
A GTR has 4WD, so that's understandable. The NSX-R has less than 300hp, compared to the GT's 500hp. The NSX doesn't have as much torque as the Ford, so you can still accelerate all the way.

I mean the 500bhp nsxR concept

Yes but that's why it's in the gtpsp section. I'll try on gt5 :)

I can definitely understand your results. I would probably have similar results. I'm just saying it's happening because of the limitations of the PSP, not that the ford gt is only 1 sec faster on tight tracks.

TomBrady
I can definitely understand your results. I would probably have similar results. I'm just saying it's happening because of the limitations of the PSP, not that the ford gt is only 1 sec faster on tight tracks.

I see your point. This was just for fun. Give it a try.

I mean the 500bhp nsxR concept

I actually gave this one some thought, and just found out the NSX-R LM Concept has downforce equal to that of JGTC cars at stock settings [20/45] (that's for both Race Car and Road Car versions). The GT on the other hand has no additional downforce [0/20].

The GT also has fatter torque than the NSX-R, so wheelspin is almost certain on tight corners. On tracks with more high speed sections though, the GT has an advantage.

Latest Posts

Back