The heck am I? A small meet n' greet.

Singapore
On the move
SomePlayaDude
DISCLAIMER: MAYBE OFFENSIVE, BUT I WON'T GIVE AWAY NAMES.

How did you find GTPlanet?

This is a real good question, really. Just looked up ghosting in GT5 drag racing and then poof: found GTPlanet. That's how i found this mosey town full of marshalls and it's great Sheriff Jordan. It's literally the most disciplined forum i ever found (well, that's interestingly weird to say). It didn't occur to me that i should join. There's the small visits to the tuning forum to get an edge from Motor City, Clueless, Praiano and the lot when i got bored, but i wasn't immersed into it yet..

The real seal deal is when i got bored, just doing my thing in GT5 online. Joined a random SSR7 Wangan style room (ugh, yuck. Total regret moment) and this elitist, with his RX-7, claimed to be some super bayside racer with his nice ass spoiler wanted to drag race random civics (more yuck). The rules were simply: 500pp, JDM. Sounds dandy, with my nice Prelude at the ready (purely tuned, but a rather straight liner). VTEC power, not a fan, but still: VTEC POWER!

As i drove up, he wanted to whup me. As if! I mean, if gold chrome isn't ugly enough with those wacky neon rims...

If you drive like a smartass, you win like a smartass. Having no wing at all (this model of the Prelude '96 didn't), i reached a nice savvy 209 mph without drafting. This guy's just wheezing behind me, drafting like it's the last lap of the third turn on Daytona. You don't do these high speed runs by wasting PP on your wing, buddy! These straight lines are where good FFs shine. Feel free to disagree on this one.

As i reached the toll booth ahead, this man decides to call me a cheat. Nice doggy. Didn't know you had rabies. He claimed i looked up some speed tune guide on GTPlanet. Really? Chalk one up for calling this place something like that. At a fit of rage, he left, and i should really try to make sure i ascend these sort of behavior. To make fun of him, I started lurking as a guest especially more often, getting tips of the trade in game, but made an account soon enough out of pure interest.

I do visit the site for tuning, pictures, and whatnot. My favorite thing to do is to read some of the Gran Turismo style fiction stories, before i got into doing it myself. This one story called Highway Racer's my favorite. Simplistic, quirky, and shouldn't really go on permanent hiatus. Since i have passion on making fiction, I told myself: why the heck not? I'm not advertising since it's on my sig, and i have to say: I'm not impressed with the ratio of work i do to the ones that appreciate it. Might ditch it altogether.

That answers how i got here, with some bonuses. I'm pretty good at exaggerating these short stories, and i know you all don't mind me sharing them.

Where are you from?

I'm a Singaporean, in one of them tight residential areas just miles out of Changi Airport. Small country, but it's real diverse. I don't want to tell you where i live exactly, because i prefer not getting stalked.

When did you start playing the Gran Turismo games?

During my youth, my dad bought a PS1. Then, he bought Gran Turismo, and agreed to buy every subsequent game in the main series, and also the Concept game. I'm a PS loyalist, having every console since the PS1 (vanilla PS1, vanilla PS2, Slim PS3). This also means I'm no stranger to buying Playstation exclusives.

Do you play with a steering wheel?

No. Pretty firm on the default controller, but I do plan to try at least once. I like the wheel, but only on arcade games like Daytona USA, Outrun and Wangan Midnight.

This is the same story for me and Arcade Sticks on fighter games, but i actually have access to those.

What other games do you enjoy?

Playstation Loyalist. BAM.

Kidding. I have a list for a recent moment.

Fable: The Lost Chapters and 2 (yep, not 3).
Borderlands 1 & 2
Street Fighter 4 (and all variants so far. Avid player, but not online warrior.)
Saints Row 4
GTA Online (I'm what they call a star player in the crew, not perfect, just pretty good at it.)
Skyrim (I passionately name it parodies of other games, like Call Of Dovahkiin and Fus Ro Dah Simulator 4E 201).
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 and subsequent sequels (except Undercover and The Run).
Demons and Dark Souls.

There's more, but this is temporary.

What are you most looking forward to doing in the community, now that you're a part of this site?

Simple: be the best i can. Play around with opinions (and improve others along mine). Not a keen online racer, but a great guy to generally hang out with (even though i didn't want it).

Thanks for reading, anyways. I feel welcomed already. :D

Back