The host for the 2006 Academy Awards is...

Messages
2,760
Jon Stewart!

Though I have no news article to link to here, I can guarantee this is 100% set in stone. Stewart will host the March 5 broadcast of the Oscars this year. I think it will be the best ceremony yet, surpassing Chris Rock last year and any other host before that. Thank god we don't have to see Billy Crystal again.
 
Oh god the Oscars are going to suck again, Jon Stewart really isn't that funny.

It will be a few lame jokes, a little Bush bashing, some more lame jokes, and a lame opener.
 
I don't remember the last time I watched one of these award shows all the way through, but I'd love to see Conan O'Brien host.
 
Jon Stewart? Doesn't really fit the whole Oscar thing if you ask me. Funny guy, loved him in Half Baked, and his show isn't bad, but the Oscars?
Hopefully he proves me wrong and does well, I'd hate to see him bomb.
 
I think he will do ok, you can tell he has much confidence in what he does. Either way it would still be better than Billy Crystal the has been...
 
Back