The lack of choice for the visual customisation makes the latest NFS boring

• Thread starter UsuiR197
  • 1 comments
France
France
While playing The Fast and the Furious (2006) [developed by Eutechnyx / edited by Namco USA] on PS2, I was astonished by all the aftermarket body kit that the game purpose.
I was using the Mazda RX-7 Type R Bathurst '01, and the choice of front bumper was huge :
  • Aero-Tech Japan/Rando Sport Type 1
  • AutoExe FD-02
  • AutoExe FD-02S
  • BN Sports DEFEND FD Type I
  • Bomex FD3S
  • C-West DRFT
  • C-West N1
  • C-West N1 II
  • DAMD Styling Effect
  • Fujita Engineering FD3S Ver. 2
  • Ings +1 N-Spec Hybrid Aero
  • KS Auto KD-I Type 2 Sports Full Aero
  • Mazdaspeed A-Spec Turing GT Concept
  • Origin Lab Stylish FD3S
  • Veilside C2
  • Veilside VS-D1 GT
  • Vertex FD3S
+ the wide body kits :
  • BRS Autodesign RX-7 GT
  • C-Office
  • Chargespeed FD3S
  • GP Sports Impact EX
  • Origin Labs Stylish FD3S
  • Veilside Fortune Model
  • Vertex Ridge RX-7
While NFS Heat only purpose the following for the Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A :
  • Car shop GLOW
  • G-Face 1
  • G-Face 2
  • Origin Lab
  • SPEEDHUNTERS
  • Rocket Bunny
We're ending with almost everyone using the same body kit on NFS... It feels like EA doesn't care about NFS and doesn't allow a bigger budget for their games.

(Bonus Forza Horizon 4 :
  • Sarona
  • C-West
  • Bomex
  • JUN
  • Forza
)

I, for one, really want aesthetic customization to mean something in terms of gameplay mechanics. My idea would be that the more your car is customized, the easier it is to garner the attention of police, and the harder it may be to shake them off. But this could be a good thing. For an example of such an advantage, there could be challenges that require you to enter a pursuit, and/or have a pursuit last a certain amount of time, much like the milestones in Most Wanted 2005. Or, you could use your flashier vehicle to get cops on your tail and away from other racers, in a mode that'd be a bit like the Most Wanted or Hot Pursuit modes from Hot Pursuit (2010).

Otherwise, I agree that it'd be nice if the next NFS game had some more neat options, especially given their relationship with SpeedHunters. That said, I'd be glad if all the K.S. customizations return from Heat, even including the scrapped ones that were datamined.

EDIT: I also want to add that I'm especially fond of the ways you're able to customize cars that otherwise don't really have much of an aftermarket scene, like the Koenigsegg Regera or the second-generation Ford GT, by being able to use made-for-game custom parts.

Last edited:
Back