The lack of rear end grip in rwd cars is really souring what would otherwise be an excellent game...

• Thread starter Nexxus88
  • 26 comments
Put the TCS on 1 then.
That's the point, I shouldn't have to do that. I can drive the exact same or very similar cars in,other sims just as good if not more of a simulation than gt. I shouldn't have to here

And it already is on 1, it doesn't stop the rear from over rotating whenever it pleases.

Stick an LSD on, adjust it, and moderate the throttle. Always have TCS at 1 but agree that with it off it's ridiculous.

Last edited:
That's the point, I shouldn't have to do that. I can drive the exact same or very similar cars in,other sims just as good if not more of a simulation than gt. I shouldn't have to here

And it already is on 1, it doesn't stop the rear from over rotating whenever it pleases.
What sims are you playing? I usually have tc on 1 and its pretty similar to Acc traction control 4 or 5 out of 8

It is really really making me disappointed in the game I feel like I'm walking on egg shells every time I take a corner and it's bumming me tf out. I went into this game thinking oh, it's gonna be addressed but I'm rapidly losing hope now.
RWD cars will do that stock you have to Tune up the car, so the car handles better.

Last edited:
What sims are you playing? I usually have tc on 1 and its pretty similar to Acc traction control 4 or 5 out of 8
Ac, acc rfactor 2, dirt rally 2, dabbles with iracing. This is far from my first rodeo and I've never encountered a level of "opps there it goes again for...reasons" like I,have with gt7 and it's incredibly disappointing.

I shouldn't need to taking multiple attempts to get a 550hp car on sport softs around an oral track cause I dared to give it 1 degree too much steering and the rear just gave way.

Like people are regularly stating their RL car is more well behaved and easier to keep under control than their in game counterpart, that's ridiculous. I can't believe this was green lit, I really can't

This was talked about to death in the physics thread but yes. It's ridiculous. With TCS on the power gets cut in odd places and you lose time.

It's also a function of the throttle. Giving the car 20% throttle (as appears in-game) has the same effect as flooring it. They need to adjust the throttle maps.

Very little help in BOP races. I agree the issues can be basically fixed with setups. But why so many cars are atrocious as default is baffling. And it’s the main reason gr3 bop is broken.
The physics needs a fix for sure and I say not to much for RWD cars if they are stock, but as I said if there is a fix with setting up your car and the snappy oversteer will go away.

What is the matter with Bop races, because I have not done any of the online races as yet.

What you believe you should or shouldn't have to do is irrelevant.

The car is often over rotating because you haven't balanced the car correctly into and through the corner. You have to take note of your combined steering and throttle inputs, along with the speed of your car and the undulations of the track. This is a lot different from prior Gran Turismo games and even what were simple corners now have to be approached differently depending on your car and a number of factors.
R3V
It's also a function of the throttle. Giving the car 20% throttle (as appears in-game) has the same effect as flooring it.
No it doesn't.

The car is often over rotating because you haven't balanced the car correctly into and through the corner. You have to take note of your combined steering and throttle inputs, along with the speed of your car and the undulations of the track. This is a lot different from prior Gran Turismo games and even what were simple corners now have to be approached differently depending on your car and a number of factors.

No it doesn't.
It's not "what I believe" it's what is being echoed repeatedly by people with the who own the exact same car and track it.

The car is over rotating because the game doesn't have a semblance of how a car should be behaving on these situations.

I will need to adjustment my line drastically mid corner and do evasive maneuvers because the AI cuts my line off to the apex when I'm coming in faster than them and I'll get away with it fine other than annoyancenat the AI.

Yet I'm holding a constant throttle and a constant steering angle through a long corner in the exact same car. Decide to turn in ever so slightly to get tighter to the apex and then the tail steps out, on what planet does that make any sense?

I've not encountered road cars this inconsistent to drive since Project Cars 1, how people are defending this is laughable.

Last edited:
It's not "what I believe" it's what is being echoed repeatedly by people with the who own the exact same car and track it.

The car is over rotating because the game doesn't have a semblance of how a car should be behaving on these situations.

I will need to adjustment my line drastically mid corner and do evasive maneuvers because the AI cuts my line off to the apex when I'm coming in faster than them and I'll get away with it fine other than annoyancenat the AI.

Yet I'm holding a constant throttle and a constant steering angle through a long corner in the exact same car. Decide to turn in ever so slightly to get tighter to the apex and then the tail steps out, on what planet does that make any sense?

I've not encountered road cars this inconsistent to drive since Project Cars 1, how people are defending this is laughable.
I believe you, but in oder for me to endorse what you are saying I need a video of you driving. Simple isn't it? The game has flaws, and if the experience for you is as dramatic as you claim, then I'm sure we will all support to get it resolved.

Pick a license test, a mission, so we know it's genuine and repeatable by others.

It's ok champ, some of us need TCs on 1 . You are going beyond your limits . Anyone with decent race craft will figure out the threshold and not pass it, I did, is it unrealistic, yes, do I spin out, no. You clearly have issues discerning where that threshold is if you keep wiping out, so slap TCS on 1.

Just to make this clear, This is like complaining you spin out too much in need for speed underground, the game does not have realistic physics, but nonetheless, you are driving wrong for that game.

Last edited:
R3V
This was talked about to death in the physics thread but yes. It's ridiculous. With TCS on the power gets cut in odd places and you lose time.
Unless you increase the Acceleration Sensitivity ;)

Jerome

How many 500 whp Mustangs have you driven in real life?
Probably about the same amount as those who post such statements in an attempt to invalidate someones complaint when they themselves are about as qualified to say how realistic something is or isn't. All while disregarding the fact OP has other world wide renowned simulators he can drive in to back his claims up.

I'm not even talking about a Mustang. I'm talking cars who's "lowest" trim option starts at that amount of power. Ie a car designed from the offset for that much power. This is just an example I'm throwing out now though because it's what I'm driving. Though just for fun I took a 500whp mustang out on the exact same compound tires to the exact same track I was running the other car and ran it with TCS off and did a lap without any drama or feeling of needing to walk on egg shells to keep it controlled.

It doesn't matter what amount of power though I was praising the early he because of how simple it was to get oversteer in a stock ae86 or s13 when most titles it's like pulling teeth to get them to do it In stock form.

The stock Toyota Crown athlete feels like it's rear. Tires are composed of ice once you start cornering

I was joking how easy it was to drift the Renault r8 yesterday with a whole 100 hp
I believe you, but in oder for me to endorse what you are saying I need a video of you driving. Simple isn't it? The game has flaws, and if the experience for you is as dramatic as you claim, then I'm sure we will all support to get it resolved.

Pick a license test, a mission, so we know it's genuine and repeatable by others.
:lol: tell ya what, I will do you one better. It will take me time because of my deplorable upload speed and im sitting down for dinner and need to do some editing. But I got you.

In the mean time though here's my first thread I made where it started to make me raise my eye brow with multiple people stating how finicky the car is including someone who actually owns said car. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...t-with-driving-aids-off.405157/#post-13608133

It's ok champ, some of us need TCs on 1 . You are going beyond your limits . Anyone with decent race craft will figure out the threshold and not pass it, I did, is it unrealistic, yes, do I spin out, no. You clearly have issues discerning where that threshold is if you keep wiping out, so slap TCS on 1.

Just to make this clear, This is like complaining you spin out too much in need for speed underground, the game does not have realistic physics, but nonetheless, you are driving wrong for that game.
Something claiming to be "The Real Driving Simulator" shouldn't need the user to adjust to its absurd concepts when they have a history of sim racing just to control the vehicle. Yeah no 2 games are going to feel the same but if your end goal is here is to simulate real life then there SHOULD be some semblance of similar behavior between products. That is not here at all.

No it doesn't.
It literally does. Put your real car's gear into neutral and give it 20% throttle. Now do the same in GT7. Compare the revs.

Back