<The Laguna Seca service road>

Parnelli Bone

www.gtcarreviews.com
Premium
United States
Columbia, MD.
Parnelli_Bones
So I was doing the Laguna enduro in a Lancer Evo.VI rally car, which on soft tires was very challenging because Lancers understeer massively when they lose their downforce, and I had to adjust my braking points in the corners so that I wouldn't run into any walls, but once I got past whoever was ahead of me it became easy. Pretty soon, I'd be leading with downforce to my benefit and the 3 Skylines I was battling became specks in my mirror.

Then I thought of a really COOL idea. Check it out. In Turn 1 on the inside of the corner, there's this little service road. I think I read they use it for motorcycles or something. anyways, I started driving ONTO this road instead of cornering into Turns 1 and 2. I "pretended" a race marshall gave me a penalty and I was being forced to drive thru this portion.

So it worked! If you try this, it's best to go way from the side of the straight into the left so that you end up heading straight into the service road. You'll most likely wind up in first gear, too. If I did this every 2 or 3 laps, those Skylines would at least catch up to me, but I still fuken won, man.

Last edited:
If GT4 is any indication, the "service road" is the pit exit for certain events.

GT3 doesn't use it, but GT4 does, IIRC.

Cool. Yeah, I noticed it and I was bored with the way my enduro was going....yet I was already 40 laps into it and didn't want to start over...

Last edited:
Back