The Legend Of Aniot (main details & 1st preview)

• Thread starter marcus_war
  • 3 comments
Cuba
Charleston, SC
that's classified
The Legend of Aniot is a story about this racer, whose comrades get murdered in front of his eyes by a Yakuza boss. Along the way, he has to track down those who are remotely involved, and get to the boss.

It takes place in Aniot, and for those who don't know, it is the fictional city that is on almost all of the Special Stage Route 5 highway signs in GT5. I'm not gonna spill too many details but, I'll sample a chapter here anyway.

Let me know what you think about it.

Sample Chapter -- Sode no Kogashi

It was ten years ago, on this very dirt road, that my cousin, Nogashi Kouza crashed her Lancia Delta Rally car. A major tournament for all of the world's top rally drivers, had a grand prize package consisting of an Acura NSX Edicion Helio Castroneves, Toshiba 120" TV, and 5.8 million dollars. The car itself was very bespoke, 19" Motegi Racing TOUGEs, NSX-R bodykit, 120mm ducted racing muffler, and painted flat black.

Kyoto-Gion.jpg

It produced around 370 HP at 7700 RPM with 55.6 KGM at 2795 RPM, weighed 1190 KG and cost somewhere around $130,000. The television was a monstrosity, rather unnecessary in every way.

She was very familiar with the top half of the course, the very one that I'm on now. However, as soon as the course goes further into the countryside, it gets treacherous, and soon. As speed increases and the length of the straights rise on the stat-machines, the severity of the corners makes their presence known.

Toscana_1-1.jpg

There was one particular stretch, that was reputed for being horrendous on supsensions, and therefore, resulting in sore asses. No problem if you're driving enthusiastically and not competitively. But that's not to say that it doesn't hurt. {lands car after a jump}

Toscana_2.jpg

When you know your car, it makes the difference between winning by a meter or a millimeter. It makes the difference between sound victory and royal defeat. Unfortunately, it can invite an air of cockiness, arrogance, or in other words, work against you.

Such is the case all too often. Drivers go in to the Gauntlet, feeling they've made it past Zero Hour, past Sogyou no Maguro, past Gatling Road, only to get to a 3/8 mile stretch of road that is more feared than all 12.95 miles of Der Nordschleife, which serves to reward those who manage to survive it, and remind the chingadera touge drivers of their place and not to get it twisted. And even if you do manage to survive it, there isn't even a small sense of accomplishment before a sharp corner with no margin for error if you mess up. It is called Saishuu no Tataki.

That is what happened ten years ago, except, there was no margin for correction.

After at least 230 miles, with seemingly no need for spare parts, when suddenly, Nogashi lost control of the Delta after Saishuu no Tataki. With at least 900 rallies under its belt, it had finally died. Died after avenging the callous murders of my friends on Route 105 in Aniot during a flash blizzard, thunder and lightning. Died after winning the battle of the rally kings. Died after winning every conceivable racing category possible. Died somwhere between a sound victory and a royal defeat.

Electronics, steering, throttle, and brakes shot straight to hell, resulting in a horrendous barrel roll, parts flying everywhere, and not an emergency vehicle within close proximity to the corner. Now this may be the part where you think of a less gruesome ending right? Not a chance. Anyone with any sense wouldn't attempt to turn this into a Disney film, and everyone miraculously unharmed from such a cataclysmic wreck. Injuries were sustained, some cameramen started bleeding profusely, and a father had to shield his family from both the shrapnel from the wreck, and the long long chain of profanities spewed out by some onlookers. Nogashi died as a result of the impact.

LigeGravel-1.jpg

Reduced to smithereens, body panels were now embedded in the grass and scattered on the gravel. And the front end of the Delta Integrale "Kenpachi-san" was now cratered into the apparently impenetrable gravel. The impact rendered Kogashi stone cold, not one sign of life, and at the worst time. The tanks were about to blow and the car's already worn down structural integrity didn't help matters. When medics arrived 45 minutes later, since they too were at the mercy of Saishuu no Tataki, the obvious was made blatant by the smell of burnt flesh, and burning fuel.

That was ten years ago, and there hasn't been a tournament since. Furthermore that damned road has now been declared by the GT Association as off-limits, and by government officials to deem it a federal offense to enter without government plates, or a television crew,or a federally appointed chaparone.

Toscana.jpg

Anyone who has them, gets access but the plates have GPS tracking which if you go over 180K your car becomes a federal suspect of perjury, and your licence permanently revoked, without the possibility of acquiring a new one. Pretty stiff penalties handed out to cover their lazy asses from the blame of "what if something goes wrong?"

Last edited:
It's gonna be a while til I get another PS3 and a connection capable of sustaining PSN, but when I do, I'll get started on future chapters.

As for the second chapter, (the preview is actually the first chapter from the standpoint of the main character years later) and the prologue, I have some photos on photobucket, that I'll get ready soon.

Back