The Legend of Aniot (the promised details, no preview)

• Thread starter marcus_war
  • 3 comments
Cuba
Charleston, SC
that's classified
About two years ago, I had posted a pilot for THE LEGEND OF ANIOT. Since then, I've gone in a different direction. It's about three people who as best friends who one night attend a street race in the mountains. So far, I've got two versions, the latter of which is the one I'm more likely to go after.

About the trio of friends. The first as of the start of the story, is the son of a former street racer-turned-manga shop owner. In the prologue (which is set in present day Aniot) he has risen through the ranks of GT racing to become GT Association's GT Revolution champion. GT Revolution is a fictional racing category equal to or perhaps superior to GT500, and has few restrictions other than the fact that full-time 4WD vehicles are not allowed.

The second is a childhood friend of his who is a kickboxer who has a tendency to go out on haphazard adventures for no particular reason. In the beginning of the story (which is set some time in 2007) he is training in West Aniot Park Boxing Club under his trainer, Jushiro. Training directly alongside him, is his love interest (you'll see why later). Also, he has a gift for mechanical knowledge, every aspect of a car, every driver's driving tendencies; not much is hidden for long. Of the three, he knows the most about why the special stages were created, as opposed to the varied rumours going around about the street.

The third and final character of the main trio, is the daughter and heir apparent to the Niamoto Electronics International Corporation, and the ideal love interest of the first main character. A technological genius, there isn't a solution that she can't solve. The amount of nonsense that she has to put up with the two of her friends is indeed mind boggling.

As I said earlier, the story mainly takes place in Aniot, particularly on Special Stage Routes 5 and 7. In the story, 11 has been condemned for as of right now undisclosed reasons. The GT Association wanted to limit the amount of unsanctioned tests on public roads such as Route 246 in Tokyo, so that is why the Special Stages were created, in addition to Route 246 being cordoned off as well for 8 weekends out of the year. There was also a dirt road which existed as a rally stage before the advent of the special stages, but it was closed by the Aniot City Government not long after Group B Rallying was deactivated.

And finally, I'll most likely be switching between GT5 and GT6 for some locations in the story. Mainly because I don't have home internet anymore. I am currently attempting to get it, but that may not happen until very late in the story, so that could take quite some time.

Those are some of the details for now, I'm currently rewriting the first chapter and a half. Will let you folks know when I'm getting photos done.

Until then, Happy Holidays!!

Good news, everyone!! I've retrieved TLoA from my broken Aspire One.

I should resume work on it, as soon as I get another laptop.

Huzzahhhhhh!!

Ok, my fellow GTPlaneteers....

2016 was an absolute
BASTARD, so therefore I'd like to ask you lot what you'd like to see in the world of Aniot!! Feel free to let me know!

Back