The Making of GT4?

  • Thread starter Thread starter S4V8
  • 14 comments
  • 852 views
Messages
5
Hi everyone, first time poster here. Being on this board is definitely making the wait a lot easier on me. Thank you all for your information and insight into what I believe is the best racer on any platform.

I like others will be busy with the game when it comes out, but I'm also intrigued by the data acquisition process that went into this game (engine sounds, track layouts, vehicle dynamics). It would be great if they packaged a second disc of extras that includes developer interviews and video of the real cars that they flogged to get all that data.

I remember seeing a clip where somebodys Audi S4 was used for engine sounds. Does anybody have this clip or any clips that show the work behind the scenes of GT4?


Thanks again,
Ben
 
Hi, and welcome to GTplanet. I'm glad we could all help in making the wait easier...or harder in some cases with all the great screens and vids we get.

No, the clip you are talking about doesn't sound familiar to me. Try searching in the GT4 video section on this website, or a google search or something. Although, someone else on the boards might know something i don't, so, i'm sure you'll get a few other replies. Happy Trails 👍
 
You should really use the search feature and you will probably find everything that you need. BTW Welcome to the forums!!!:)
 
RacingFreak you beat me to basically say the same thing. :lol:
 
Welcome to the Forums!

And I guess what you're saying a special edition case?

With 2 disks? 1 for game, other for Making of GT4? That sounds awesome.

I would trade my reserve of a regular GT4 to that any day.


If they made one that is.
 
i wish i have a special car that PD would come to record....
 
Ben,

Does your username "S4V8" refer to a certain TVR by any chance? The V8S is meant to be in the game...

Paul.
 
plfrench
Ben,

Does your username "S4V8" refer to a certain TVR by any chance? The V8S is meant to be in the game...

Paul.


I think its refering to the Audi S4 V8 :dopey:
 
:) Ah yes could be that, I was just thinking of the TVR S4 which had the V6 to begin with and then became the V8S when the 3.9l Rover V8 was dropped in... they both have the same bonnet and could concievably be known as the TVR S4V8!
 
Yes that would be the Audi S4 V8. I'm a huge Audi fan and I was hoping that they would put the original Audi S4 in there with the turbocharged 5 cylinder 20 valve engine. The turbocharged engine is so much more tuneable than the NA V8 that is out now.

There have been reports that this 93 S4 has blown the doors off of unsuspecting Porsches and Ferraris on the track.

http://www.s-cars.org/postnuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=4

Thanks for all the replies,

Ben
 
:) Oh well I was wrong then!!! Thanks for clearing that up ben... I'm a TVR fan and I just picked up on the name!!!

Paul.
 
S4V8
Yes that would be the Audi S4 V8. I'm a huge Audi fan and I was hoping that they would put the original Audi S4 in there with the turbocharged 5 cylinder 20 valve engine. The turbocharged engine is so much more tuneable than the NA V8 that is out now.

There have been reports that this 93 S4 has blown the doors off of unsuspecting Porsches and Ferraris on the track.

http://www.s-cars.org/postnuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=4

Thanks for all the replies,

Ben


I am a big audi fan too....! Yes it would be great with the old S4 but, we know that the old Quattro is in, and the Quattro has the same 5 syl ,20 valve engine as the S4. I just hope that the sound of that engine is realistic in the game......That engine just sounds so cool. 👍
 
I'll be happy if the ur quattro and quattro sport make it in the final release Bring on the rally races in the snow!!!

Ben
 
Back