The Medium (Xbox Series S/X and PC)

Mexico
Mexico
The Medium hits Gamepass this Thursday. I've preinstalled it and have already received an update. I will play it on the Series S in both a 1080p TV (preferred) and a 1440p monitor.
Current file size: 23.1 GB (Series S)

Developed by: Bloober Team, from Poland. I have only played Blair Witch from them, which I disliked and dropped very early (not even into the forest, properly.)

Last edited:
A little RTX teaser from the developer team:

In their words:
NVIDIA x The Medium. Thanks to our partnership, the game will utilize the full potential of the latest version of the Unreal Engine 4.25+, alongside Microsoft DirectX Raytracing and NVIDIA DLSS technology at launch. Check out how the RTX technology makes the world of The Medium even more evocative and fascinating! The Medium launches January 28th, 2021. Discover a dark mystery only a medium can solve. Explore the real world and the spirit world at the same time. Use your psychic abilities to solve puzzles spanning both worlds, uncover deeply disturbing secrets, and survive encounters with The Maw - a monster born from an unspeakable tragedy.

And the creepy live action trailer:

Last edited:
The game unlocks at 9 a.m. CST where I live, but playing such a game in the morning seems anticlimatic!
Edit: It actually unlocked at 10:00 a.m. CST

Last edited:
900p and 30 fps on Series X... It doesn’t look that good to warrant these numbers.

Look forward to play it at some point on PS5 though (I suspect they will release it in a year or so).
I do love horror games, and hopefully by then it will be much better.

The game was updated again today (file size remains the same.) Reddit users have mentioned it addresses some graphic issues that I noticed during my first play: A slight delay in texture loading and frame skipping.

Latest Posts

Back