The MMA/Boxing Thread

• Thread starter Maccer_42
  • 909 comments
Violent stare down lol.

GuyInTheMiddle.gif

This section has been dead for some reason I hope to keep this alive massive MMA/UFC fan here so Aldo v Mcgregor I cannot wait to see Aldo kick the chicken legs off mcgregor

Andersen Silva AND Nick Diaz test positive in drug screenings. Silva, a former UFC Middleweight champion, tested positive for steroids in a pre-fight screening that took place Jan. 9th whereas Diaz tested positive for marijuana in a post-fight drug test, the third time that he has done so.

As for Andersen, his post fight results have not been returned. Silva would likely face a temporary suspension until his hearing before the Nevada State Athletic Commission in March or April.

The lab that conducted the screenings, based out of Salt Lake City, didn't return Silva's Jan. 9th screening until Feb. 3rd. Had the results come sooner, the Nevada State Athletic Commission wouldn't have let Silva fight.

As for Diaz, this is the third time that he has tested positive for marijuana. He first tested positive for the substance back in 2007 when he fought Takanori Gomi in the PRIDE circuit. He received a six month ban for that test. He later received a one year ban after testing positive for the same substance in his Welterweight title fight against Carlos Conduit in 2012.

After that ban, the NSAC Raised the standards of the substance to match the World Anti-Doping Agency standards to 150 ng/mL, triple the previous limit.

Fox Sports is reporting that Diaz had double the new limit in his system at the post-fight screening.

Oh ho ho ho ho, that's high larious, and I don't mean about Diaz. No surprise there. Weed as an enhancer for performance? :lol:

Silva. Time to take a hike pal.

Didn't know this place had a UFC thread. Big fan. Watch almost all of em.

Oh ho ho ho ho, that's high larious, and I don't mean about Diaz. No surprise there. Weed as an enhancer for performance? :lol:

Silva. Time to take a hike pal.

Didn't know this place had a UFC thread. Big fan. Watch almost all of em.
To be a bit fair to Silva, this is his first offense in 40+ fights. If there is one thing that I respect Silva for, it is that he is a clean fighter. Came off a massive injury, mind you, but a clean fighter. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and wait until the post-fight results come back.

First offense that we know about? It only takes one offense. But apparently it doesn't matter when you're a cash cow? I mean really, cocaine is okay? Champ is doped up, but who cares!? Yay! Good example!

Here is an update on the Silva situation. The positive test is on his "A" sample, according to Yahoo News. He has the option to test his "B" sample, which would either throw his "A" sample into doubt or confirm the previous results. Also, the Nevada State Athletic Commission next meeting is on Feb. 17th. Silva could request a hearing then, but he is well within his rights to put it off until March. Either way, he must submit his request for a hearing in writing.

Even though he did get an RNC on Kimbo Slice, Ken Shamrock stood no chance.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/07/chael-...-to-be-in-a-big-hurry-to-bring-jose-aldo-back

I don’t think the UFC is going to be in a big hurry to put Jose Aldo back in the ring,” Sonnen today told MMAjunkie Radio. “He is the champion, so per the competitive architecture, they’re going to have to. But – he burned them five times. As quick as you can get that belt off Aldo and not give him a shot to get it back, not only has he burned you five times, but he is the worst drawing champ of all time.”

I am forced to agree with Sonnen over Aldo.

Sure, Aldo is great fighter, but I really have never paid for a card that he is headlining and in fact, the McGregor fight was going to be the first.

But even then, I was mostly paying to see someone put Aldo down. LOL

I'm just curious, but has anyone confirmed that Chao is Aldo's doctor? The way that the link is presented, it appears to primarily address the Chargers, which he is the team doctor, but none of the other cases of malpractice that he may or may not have committed while a licensed physician.

Then again, all involved live in California, so it is predictable that he gets by without any scrutiny from his peers.

Yeah, I give it a whatever. Not much to say really other than Ronda needs some competition, otherwise she'll just continue to look like she owns UFC.

Ronda wanted it to go longer than her last fights. But, that right combination of hits ended up leaving Bethe's temple open & dropped her.

Lots of people want to see her fight Cris Cyborg, but she won't drop the weight & got caught for steroids.

Speaking of looks, I like Ronda. I understand her dominance, but I just wish someone could bring SOMETHING to the table. 7 arm bars a couple KOs, and something else I can't remember, but they're all over within minutes at best. Lame. I want to see her in a battle for once. Heck, throw a dude in there even a from a lighter weight class and let's see what happens.

Joe Rogan said something like, wait til she starts throwing kicks! Uh, hello? Every dude in the ring before her that night threw kicks (kinda, maybe). The girls are crap. Ronda found a little niche and she's walking all over it.

I'm not trying to take anything away from her, as after all she won that award for athlete of the year or whatever it is, but even the greatest guys have had to struggle to retain their belts because their opponents are actually tough. To me, she's fighting pathetic fighters.

Ronda found a little niche and she's walking all over it.

The division is built around her; without Ronda there literally wouldn't be a woman's division in UFC, so of course it's going to look she's walking up and down the current competition because it's being filtered to her. There are two or three legitimate bouts people would like to see her in and if she topples them like she has everyone else then what?

By the time the division is saturated to the point where she doesn't have to fight the same person three times because she (Miesha) is one of only two (?) women to make it out of the first round with her, she'll likely have retired. You have Cyborg, but as pointed out already, she won't lose the weight.

It's just what has to be put up with for a division in the UFC still in its infancy.

To be honest, done of the undercards made up for it... I don't think anybody went into that fight expecting it to lay for more than a minute, anyway.

It's like a Tyson fight. You go in, simply curious as to how long the other fighter can last.

Julianna Pena was pretty impressive in the Ultimate Fighter. She could rise to be a contender, but who knows if she will be good enough.

I think Ronda's judo skills make her able to toss people around like ragdolls. Maybe Ronda will be retired by the time a woman with her skill level is in the UFC.

Back