The Monster SX4 Challenge (sub 6 min Ring ride)!

  • Thread starter Thread starter FishHunters
  • 26 comments
  • 2,482 views
Messages
1,973
United States
Florida - USA
Messages
Flsurffisher
I drove this car in the Dream Car Championship. Annihilated the comp with it. Had it at 695pp just under 1100hp without an oil change. On the 24h Nurburgring portion that championship my 2nd lap was 8:10 with a DS3. I believe it's possible to get under 6 on the Nordeschleife portion on RH or RS tires. That's the challenge. I added the 3rd stage turbo to it. Use either arcade single player time trial or test drive. Post which one you used.

If you achieve a sub 6 min lap that post either a video which would be great or a picture of your finish. Good luck!

Grip - Real
Only Aid - ABS 1 or less.
Tires - RS or RH


I now know it can be done so:

HOW LOW CAN WE GO?




Gemasolar_2.jpg
 
Last edited:
Guess this is turning into an appreciation thread!!!

The PIkes Peak Special Record run



Tuning the SX4



Monster Tajima gettin' drifty wit it!



The SX4 Hill Climbing:

 
Last edited:
A challenge with my favorite car? Let's do this.
 
I just picked up this car yesterday and its by far my new favourite, 1169 hp all of which aren't wasted with its insane amount of grip. It completely owns everything off the line in online lobbies, before you know it your 2s ahead of the competition :lol:
 
I still think the Suzuki Escudo is that bit quicker.
 
Ibefore you know it your 2s ahead of the competition :lol:
*you're :p

A time under 6 minutes on the Nordschleife isn't that hard if you practise a lot :) managed to get somewhere under 6 in the Amuse GT1 S2000
 
I just love how you bought that car and then went and bought a Stage 3 turbo, as if to say it was a bit lacking for performance in the first place!! :dopey::crazy:
 
I just love how you bought that car and then went and bought a Stage 3 turbo, as if to say it was a bit lacking for performance in the first place!! :dopey::crazy:
I always buy multiples of the cars I like. I leave one base and the others I fiddle around with.
 
Last edited:
Ran it on RS tires. That first hill going into the highspeed right hander - went AIRBORNE!!! Probably should increase the top speed because it maxes out on the final straight. My time 6:19 and it wasn't clean. Will try again tomorrow. But I know it can be done. A clean lap and I'm there! So the challenge now becomes exactly HOW LOW CAN WE GO???
 
Love that car! Yes the grip on it is "insane". Never experience anything like that before. The HSV has great grip just not like this. Pretty sure the grip on F1 cars is better just doesn't "feel" the same?
 
5:58.508 not exactly a perfect lap, Proof incoming.

Disregard the proof incoming bit just checked the photos I took with my phone but the quality is piss poor on account of my old CRT telly, If I can send the reply somehow though, Just hope I saved it, Oh and I did it before the OP was edited ;)
 
Last edited:
5:58.508 not exactly a perfect lap, Proof incoming.

Disregard the proof incoming bit just checked the photos I took with my phone but the quality is piss poor on account of my old CRT telly, If I can send the reply somehow though, Just hope I saved it, Oh and I did it before the OP was edited ;)
I believe you
 
So its certainly do-able, I'm pretty quick but not the fastest out there so I wouldn't be surprised to see someone do a 5:30, It really is a beast 👍
 
I think this car could go sub 5:30 also, I was in the 5:49~ range after a 2 laps (on RS tires, DS3), great car.

Are we allowed to tune the suspension?
 
I think this car could go sub 5:30 also, I was in the 5:49~ range after a 2 laps (on RS tires, DS3), great car.

Are we allowed to tune the suspension?
sure!
 
The PIkes Peak Special Record run



Tuning the SX4



Monster Tajima gettin' drifty wit it!



The SX4 Hill Climbing:

 
Last edited:
dO2xKqa.png



5:37.404 / Racing Soft Tires / Grip real / ABS @ 1 / Everything else OFF.

Really, the most fun I have had at the ring in GT6. I think my limit would be about a 5:35: something, with a good tune 33.
 
6:01.935 / Racing Hard Tires / Grip Low / ABS 1 / Arcade TT

That was at 705pp full aero, High RPM Turbo and an oil change. With Softs I could get under, but I'm not that fussed about it. Was edge of my seat stuff on Hards. 👍
 
I always buh multiple of the cars I like. I leave one base and the others I fiddle around with.
No need to do this any longer, all mods can now be removed, including body and internal engine mods.
 
Thanks for creating this thread, have not taken this one out for a spin yet.
Will be now for sure. 👍 👍
 
dO2xKqa.png



5:37.404 / Racing Soft Tires / Grip real / ABS @ 1 / Everything else OFF.

Really, the most fun I have had at the ring in GT6. I think my limit would be about a 5:35: something, with a good tune 33.

Awesome dude! Its a baaaaddd car! And real nice drive!!!!


6:01.935 / Racing Hard Tires / Grip Low / ABS 1 / Arcade TT That was at 705pp full aero, High RPM Turbo and an oil change. With Softs I could get under, but I'm not that fussed about it. Was edge of my seat stuff on Hards. 👍

No worries. Great time on RH!

No need to do this any longer, all mods can now be removed, including body and internal engine mods.

Didn't know that. I still like to have more than one. That way I don't have to change anything on the base model.


Thanks for creating this thread, have not taken this one out for a spin yet.
Will be now for sure. 👍 👍

NP! Its a fabulous car!
 
I got to try this. Although it leaves me curious... how fast can the e-runner lap the north circuit? hmmm..
 
I always buy multiples of the cars I like. I leave one base and the others I fiddle around with.
I used to do that - but don't forget now that you can have three different settings for each car. I always leave one stock - it saves getting a huge unmanageable garage like GT5. :)
 
I used to do that - but don't forget now that you can have three different settings for each car. I always leave one stock - it saves getting a huge unmanageable garage like GT5. :)

That is true! I was thinking more of using that for type of track. A track like Nurb vs a track like La Sarthe.


🤬 those spectators at the apexes of the track at the start. :crazy:

How about the spectators up on the mountain! Standing on the wrong side of the rails with a cliff behind them! He bumps the rail and a bunch of people are going sky diving without a suit or a chute!
 
Back