The MOST slept on MCs in Hip Hop...Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Blitz187
  • 16 comments
  • 4,065 views

Blitz187

The Man From Amsterdam
Premium
Messages
5,954
Netherlands
020 A'dam
Messages
Blitz187
Messages
Are u serious?
Hello all,

I was just browsing and searching, but didnt find anything on this subject... I thought it might be cool to make a thread about the most slept on MCs in the world of Hip-hop, be it mainstream or underground. Who do you think is the most slept on MC? By this I mean an MC that spits good lyrics and has good flow but doesnt get the recognition they deserve suck up to the big names enough to get promoted... I'll start if off with a couple of examples of MCs that I think didnt get the recoginition they deserved...

#1- Percee P.

One of my all-time favorites who didnt make a proper retail album til a year or two ago, but has been around for ages... His album was called Perserverence and produced by Madlib...


-- 1st MC is Planet Asia... 2nd MC is Percee P.





-- Lord Finesse vs Percee P.





#2- Sycorax One

A really good MC IMO... Hard to find stuff about him and I have ONE album of his which I cant even remember the name of... If you run into his material check it out... :D


So for all the Hip hop heads at GTP (not sure how many there are :sly:)... Who do you think is the most slept on MC??? :D
 
Last edited:
From the past: Company Flow
 
From the past: Company Flow

Yeah.. they were tight as well... Nice one! 👍 El-P is dope.. made some good stuff for Def Jux as well...
 
Yeah.. they were tight as well... Nice one! 👍 El-P is dope.. made some good stuff for Def Jux as well...

Fantastic Damage is one of my favorite albums.
 
Jedi Mind Tricks
Benefit
Copywrite
Binary Star
MF Doom
Rise
Immortal Technique
Del Tha Funky Homosapien
CunninLynguists
Ill Bill
Inspectag Deck
Typical Cats
Sage Francis

Just to name a few.
 
Sleep of Oldominion
Wheelie Cyberman
YTCracker
Jesse Dangerously
MC Paul Barman

Seriously, nobody puts rhymes together like Paul Barman.

 
Last edited:
Jedi Mind Tricks
Benefit
Copywrite
Binary Star
MF Doom
Rise
Immortal Technique
Del Tha Funky Homosapien
CunninLynguists
Ill Bill
Inspectag Deck
Typical Cats
Sage Francis

Just to name a few.

I wouldn't say that many have actually been slept on. Most would rather not be "popular." Aside from Inspectah Deck. And he is by far the least talented of the Wu. And Sage Francis, who signed to Epitaph and can barely be considered hi[p hop anymore. MF Doom has a ton of success for being a total joke. I guess Company Flow wasn't really slept on either. Most of the underground wants to stay underground and I don't think El-P would be pleased with record deals and what not.
 
I wouldn't say that many have actually been slept on. Most would rather not be "popular." Aside from Inspectah Deck. And he is by far the least talented of the Wu. And Sage Francis, who signed to Epitaph and can barely be considered hi[p hop anymore. MF Doom has a ton of success for being a total joke. I guess Company Flow wasn't really slept on either. Most of the underground wants to stay underground and I don't think El-P would be pleased with record deals and what not.

I agree... underground should stay underground, but even then there are slept on MCs :) Im not for MCs going mainstream and turning out crappy tracks the whole time...

Sleep of Oldominion
Wheelie Cyberman
YTCracker
Jesse Dangerously
MC Paul Barman

Seriously, nobody puts rhymes together like Paul Barman.



Gonna check this out when I get home... at work now so I cant listen to it... hopefully he's for real though... hope it's not a joke :)
 
By this I mean an MC that spits good lyrics and has good flow but doesnt get the recognition they deserve... suck up to the big names enough to get promoted.

Fixed.
 
1. Chali 2na
2. Chali 2na
3. Chali 2na

J5 is certainly not slept on, but 2na's solo career has been.

goofy video, but cool song.
 
I wouldn't say that many have actually been slept on. Most would rather not be "popular." Aside from Inspectah Deck. And he is by far the least talented of the Wu. And Sage Francis, who signed to Epitaph and can barely be considered hi[p hop anymore. MF Doom has a ton of success for being a total joke. I guess Company Flow wasn't really slept on either. Most of the underground wants to stay underground and I don't think El-P would be pleased with record deals and what not.

I seriously hope you're kidding. Listen to Triumph one more time and you'll know what he's capable of.
 
💡 Isn't this forum about music?!...

(:dopey:)
 
Jin tha MC
Fabulous
Lupe Fiasco
 
💡 Isn't this forum about music?!...

(:dopey:)

Bullie, this IS music ;)

I got a couple more slept on MCs....

GodFather Don

Sir Menelik aka Scaramanga, Cyclops 3000, Jabbar El ( It think he has more aliases, but I dont remember right now )
 
Jin tha MC
Lupe Fiasco

Agree with you on those points there nk4e. 👍

Lupe has to be in there for sure. His song "Daydreamin'" feat. Jill Scott is one of the best tunes to have come out in years due to the absolutely heavenly melody and his lyrical flow is outstanding. Kick Push is another great great track for the mainstream people to get into, it was a decent hit for him, getting him around the world.

As for Jin, that brother is the best Asian rapper ever and would rate in my Top 5 overall! Speaking of Top 5's, his song "Top 5 (dead or alive)" is a great track, but his prowess in battling is almost unheard of....I have yet to see Jin get drilled in a battle against a major rapper yet! :cool:

I know this is a little left field, but I feel Spankrock is another MC that is slept on, mainly for his nerdish look, but his raps are almost an evolution of what 2 Live Crew did nearly 20yrs ago!
 
Back