The MR question

  • Thread starter Thread starter KiwiBoy
  • 14 comments
  • 865 views
Messages
311
What is the difference in the Honda NSX Type-R concept and the NSX Type-R? The only difference I can see is the carbon fibre hood on the concept and the production on doesn't have one. I only have a NSX Type-R concept and if there is no difference, I don't want to spend alot of money on the NSX Type-R.
Here is a picture of the concept with the carbon fibre hood:
http://img343.imageshack.us/img343/7930/10p054cx.jpg
And here is the production one with no carbon fibre hood:
http://img343.imageshack.us/img343/8258/hondansxr09127bt.jpg
So...whats the difference??? :cheers:
 
Don't know of any real difference. I do know that the concept is more than capable of winning any race the type R can win. You don't really need both unless you are a collector...
 
From my info the Type R starts with more hp (295 v 290) but fully modified the Concept wins (486 v 484). All other figures are the same. Its only 120k so why not have them both and do a comparison - perhaps include the '92 Type R as well.
 
Moloch_horridus
From my info the Type R starts with more hp (295 v 290) but fully modified the Concept wins (486 v 484). All other figures are the same. Its only 120k so why not have them both and do a comparison - perhaps include the '92 Type R as well.

The '92 Type-R is different from the new Type-R. Aerodynamics are improved much more on the new one. I think because of the removal of pop-up lights, therefore reducing cd.
 
I think the new Type - R is the best, normally the later the model the better the handling, Id go for the new one 👍
 
funny... nor do I. they wont let me play at work :(
 
The concept has a larger air diffuser in the rear compared to the regular type-r, but maybe its just for looks rather than performance.
 
KiwiBoy
What is the difference in the Honda NSX Type-R concept and the NSX Type-R? The only difference I can see is the carbon fibre hood on the concept and the production on doesn't have one. I only have a NSX Type-R concept and if there is no difference, I don't want to spend alot of money on the NSX Type-R.
Here is a picture of the concept with the carbon fibre hood:
http://img343.imageshack.us/img343/7930/10p054cx.jpg
And here is the production one with no carbon fibre hood:
http://img343.imageshack.us/img343/8258/hondansxr09127bt.jpg
So...whats the difference??? :cheers:


Forgive me if im wrong but didnt the Production NSX type-R have a carbonfibre hood and spoiler (the first production car to come with a carbon fibre spoiler)? just the concept has the carbon fibre bonnet/hood showing?
 
Well, the NSX-R and NSX-R Concept both weigh exactly the same stock (1270kg) which suggests that the production model retained the carbon hood and spoiler. According to the showroom figures they both have exactly the same horsepower aswell.
 
Back