The Nürburgring 4Hr Race Report by Tarkata

• Thread starter Tarkata
  • 6 comments
Portugal
Portugal
T-A-R-K-A-T-A
The Nürburgring 4Hr Race Report

Introduction: I accepted this challenge, sounded interesting and challenging so I decided to build a custom car and get to the road.

Driver:

Iam T-A-R-K-A-T-A, a 18 year old driver, iam not, by far, one of the best drivers of this community, I use my old DS3 controller but I share with you the love for cars and racing. I only use one driving assist (ABS set to 1), but I like challenges fit to my racing skills. Iam currently level 34 since I started a new PSN account some weeks ago.

Car:

Iam using my custom Ford Mustang V8 Coupe. It has 500 HP and 1321 Kg making an overall of 550PP. It is full of mods, from the weight to the suspension configuration. It was under some heavy testing before this race because I wanted a solid car. It is a bit of an animal sliding almost every corner if I press the gas to much. It has a top speed of 290km/h.

The Race:

For This Race I will be using RH tires.

Grid:

1º - Mine`s BNR34 SKYLINE GT-R V・spec N1 base
2º - HPA Motorsports FT 565 TwinTurbo Audi TT
3º - Amuse S2000 GT1
4º - Nismo 400R
5º - HPA MOTORSPORTS STAGE II R32
6º - HKS CT230R
7º - Ford Mustang V8 Coupe
8º- NISMO Skyline GT-R R-tune (R34)
9º- NISMO Fairlady Z Z-tune (Z33)
10º - Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 base
11º- Gran Turismo Skyline GT-R
12º - Amuse nismo 380RS Super Leggera

Events:

L1: I started very well overtaking 4 cars in the very beggining putting me in 3º, after that I started a fight for 2º and 1º.

L2-L5: I got 1º place getting a 10 sec lead from the 2º placer (Amuse S2000 GT1) and the 3º placer (HPA FT 565 Audi TT). They were closing the gap in the GP part of the circuit and in the fast corners. Anyway, overhaul I was gaining about 2 – 3 sec per lap. By Lap 5 they both went to the pits. They were fast but I cannot remember how much time they lost.

L6: My first Pit Stop (Full Service), The Nismo FairLady and the Amuse S2000 overtaken me putting me in 3º. Right before I leave, the HKS CT 230R pits right in front of me making me down to 4º place for a short time. I went back to track with the HPA Audi TT right on my tail. I had a 10sec gap.

L7-L8: Fighting to reduce the gap. In L7 I couldn’t find any good grip since the tires were not at the right temperature. But by L8 I was flying on the track pushing my car to the Max. I recovered 2º place, 1sec away from the lead. This turned to be the fastest lap of the race with 8:46.286. I was 1h and 12m into the race.

L9-L12: At L9 I got the lead. At L10 the 2º and the 3º placer got to the pits. They had a 10sec gap before the pit stop after that they were 1minute and 10 sec away. I Pitted by L11 (full service), I left with a small 1 sec lead.

L13-L16: By L13 I had a 9 sec lead and was 2H into the race. At L15 the 2º and 3º placer pitted I got a 1:20:000 lead. At L16 I overlapped the Nismo Skyline GT-R R-Tune but not for long since I went to the pits (Full Service), left the pit with a 8 sec lead.

L17-L20: At L18 I overlapped the Nismo GT-R R-Tune, this time for good. At L20 I had a 30sec lead and then the 2º placer pitted. I was now 3H into the Race. The Problem now was the tiredness. It was already late night and I now started to make mistakes.

L21-L26: At L 21 I went to my last pit stop (Full Service), leaving with a 18sec lead. At L24 I was 30min away from finishing with a 16sec lead. At L26 I overlapped The Amuse Nismo 380RS. The 2º placer pitted giving me a 1:20:000 lead.

L27: The Last Lap. I was riding slowly and carefully. Went for the victory with a good lead.

Ending Grid:

1º - Ford Mustang V8 Coupe
2º - HPA Motorsports FT 565 TwinTurbo Audi TT
3º - HKS CT230R
4º - Mine`s BNR34 SKYLINE GT-R V・spec N1 base
5º - Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 base
6º - HPA MOTORSPORTS STAGE II R32
7º- NISMO Skyline GT-R R-tune (R34)
8º - Amuse S2000 GT1
9º- NISMO Fairlady Z Z-tune (Z33)
10º - Nismo 400R
11º - Amuse nismo 380RS Super Leggera
12º- Gran Turismo Skyline GT-R

Summary:
It was a good race. I had much fun and I expect to return to this event!

Last edited:
Interesting choice of car Tarkata, Im doing this race now myself but with the wrong car and its turned into a hot lap test really.
Will definately be trying again with a more humble choice of car and a muscle car really seems interesting as I have a Corvette racecar thats at 550BHP and seems like it could be perfect.

My pleasure to share with you guys. Iam thinking about going again to this challege, now with a Hybrid. Still don`t know if iam going to take a Spoon CR-Z or a Toyota Prius but it should be a good run!

It was a good race, well done.
I did this with a Lexus Wedsport IS350 the 2 cars that were hard were the Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo and the R8 LMS Race Car.
The amuse always gave me a scary feel that it'll come out of nowhere and the R8 LMS was a real tough cookie to beat.

It was a good race, well done.
I did this with a Lexus Wedsport IS350 the 2 cars that were hard were the Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo and the R8 LMS Race Car.
The amuse always gave me a scary feel that it'll come out of nowhere and the R8 LMS was a real tough cookie to beat.

Iam doing the race again this time on a Lexus IS 200 GT-1 Race Car '04 Fully original not even oil was changed. I don`t think i can win but iam having the time of my life it is a great car for this race.

Back