The NASCAR Dodge/Mobil 1 Series: Snow Day... or months.Draft 

• Thread starter Ganon83
  • 13 comments

Should the uncompleted test season count as Season 1?

• Yes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • What in the world is this?!

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Bernie Ecclestone choice- a game of Mario Kart decides the championship

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
Maryland
ganon83
LogoDodge.jpg

Welcome to the 1st(?) season of the NASCAR Dodge/Mobil 1 Series!
I started a test series based on this concept about a year ago, the original test thread can be found here.
Things were going well before life caught up to me and I had to abandon the series. Now with GT6 out I think it is high time to bring it back.
This brings a bit of a dilemma of mine... to count the test season as the first season or not. While the race results will be counted (For wins lists for example), the question is to make the championship (Red Party Hat would be champ) count. So instead of answering it myself, I'm leaving it up to you guys via the poll up there.
The idea is a series based as the Nationwide to PURE's Sprint Cup. You can find the Sprint Cup thread here.
While Chevy, Ford, and Toyota have always been around the GTP NASCAR series in the past, bare in mind that there was/has been a 4th manufacturer in NASCAR who has never really been given much love around here. I'm talking, of course, about Dodge :cheers:
So, exactly what car will we be driving? The Dodge Challenger SRT8 Touring Car!
DodgeChallenger.jpg

If you were wondering the car costs about 220,00 some credits. Just grind a few IA races for a bit, you don't need to tune it any further to race after purchase.
Point System
1st place - 20 points
2nd place - 18 points
3rd place - 16 points
4th place - 14 points
5th place - 12 points
6th place - 11 points
7th place - 10 points
8th place - 9 points
9th place - 8 points
10th place - 7 points
11th place - 6 points
12th place - 5 points
13th place - 4 points
14th place - 3 points
15th place - 2 points
16th place - 1 point
+1 point for leading a lap
+1 point for winning the quallifying race.
Rules and procedures
-The races will be hosted by moi in a public lobby. It isn't required, but friending ganon83 on PSN is recomended. Anybody who shows up in the lobby can race, as long as they have the Dodge and can give me a GTP member name as soon as they enter the room.
-The room opens an hour before the race for practice, with the Qing starting 20 minutes before the race.
-The cars will have a reduced BHP output of 483 and a min. weight of 1400 KG for all races.
-Tires must be Racing Hards.
-The only two driver aids allowed are ABS (However it cannot exceed 1) and the driving line (Not recomended, and can only be used at road courses).
-Fuel and tire consumption will be on.
-Boost is off.
-Damage is set to light with no visual damage.
-Slipstream is weak.
-It's OK (and expected) to let off of the gas (or brake) so you don't run over someone in a turn. This is especially true at Daytona and SS Route X, where drafting can cause lots of issues with people being run over in corners.
-Bumpdrafting is legal, brake-checking isn't.
-Bump and running is legal, wrecking isn't.
-Although the race steward can penalize based off of what he sees, it is encouraged to inform the steward about possible infringements of the rules.
-There are no cautions, so drive smart.
-Microphones are on (Unless they Danica and mess up the racing too much) and room quality is on standard.
-All penalties are decided on by the race steward.
Pace laps, pitting, and quallifying
-Quallifying is different in this series in that there is single lap qualifying which sets up a qually race equal to 10% of the race distance, afterwards is Happy 10 minutes.
-The way it works is that the room opens for practice an hour before race start time.
-After 30 minutes single car qually will start.
-After the single car qually the qualifying race will begin immediately.
-Afterwards the room will be reset and will change to a practice-race session. The practice session will last 10 minutes.
-The final starting order is determined by the qually race.
-Every race has a single pace lap. Pace speed is set according to track. The start of the race will be 2 cars wide with the oddies on the inside, the evens on the outside :dopey:
-Of course, the rules are different for SSRX. There is a 1 lap quallifying race with the start order being randomized with a computer program. The "pace lap" at SSRX ends at the 4000 mark on the frontstrech.
-In every main race, every driver must make 1 mandatory pit stop. Jeff Burton Clause: This pit stop cannot be on the pace lap or coming to get the checkers.
-
This series (Along with any other series I do) features something I like to call "Ganon Dynamic Time". What this basically means is that, for tracks that allow it, the time will stay consistent. For instance, if we start at 18:00 at Daytona for the first practice and after the qualifier it is 18:53, the new start time when the room is reset will be 19:00. This leads to events such as the Daytona race beginning in the late afternoon, going through evening, and slowly moving into full fledged night.
Schedule: TBD but I want to run some test events over the next couple of weeks. I'm looking at Friday at around 3 PM eastern getting online and testing some things out.

I remember the bashing against me after the High Speed Ring race like it was just yesterday. :P

I'll be up for this.

Reminder I'll be hosting a test room in about an hour's time. I'll post the room number when it is up.

The D/M1 series schedule will come out after the Sprint Cup schedule- the only things I can confirm-
1. It will be an even numbered schedule featuring 50-50 ovals and road courses.
2. The 4 ovals along with Big Willow, Apricot Hill, Brands Hatch, and Laguna Seca will be on the schedule.
3. The season will be on Fridays and will mostly follow the Cup schedule (IE the first race of the season is Daytona).
I haven't talked to @Müle yet about anything really because as I said this is the Nationwide to his Sprint Cup but I would like to suggest the season finale for both series to be Indy- it's an oval that isn't a crapshoot like Daytona or SSRX with a lot more history behind it than Motegi.

Going to delay the season a couple of months for a few reasons, most notably I want to wait for new track creator. If it isn't here by March season will start by April regardless.
I just want a couple more ovals rather than running multiple races at one oval.

Back