The new aggressive AI

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Andre75, May 5, 2019.

1. Andre75

Andre75

Anyone know what's up with that? Is this PD's answer to people complaining about weak AI?

They're not even better/faster, just more aggressive than before the last (or before-last) update. Forza Motorsport levels of aggressiveness, I'd say. For shame. I hope this gets reverted in the near future by our otherwise usually non-confrontational Japanese friends...

2. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA Premium

I usually grind the x2014 race at Circuit de la Sarthe to work towards completing my collection.

As of this update, that was one thing I noticed... some of the AI are punks, and there's a handful of them that are faster. Usually, I'd finish above 10 seconds ahead of 2nd place. Now, that happens less often. There's usually one AI that ends up finishing within 5 seconds behind me.

AgentBlackDog likes this.
  3. MisterWaffles

MisterWaffles Premium

I’ve been doing a bunch of GT League and Custom Races and personally I haven’t noticed any changes in the AI myself.

Perhaps it’s placebo over an eventful race? The AI doing weird things tends to vary from race to race.

4. Dess81

Dess81

Some races are really hard right now. For example it's impossible for me to win on hard tires in monoclass Mazda events, I get 2nd place and can't get the first ( I need to use middle tires or use BOP). But I win F1 monoclasses on middle tires easily and x2014, class on soft tires. I feel disbalance in many events. Just like they were made to use BOP for win or so.

5. zortation

zortation

How does BoP work with AI? If you select it for your car does it apply to them too?

6. Dess81

Dess81

BOP makes your car faster. AI cars use always the same settings. I use BoP only if it’s impossible to get the first place. Also AI use only hard tytes for all cars except some gr1, grx cars. I didnkt know that before. When I started use hard types without BoP, I found out that I can’t win in Audi TT cup, just 2nd place. And I need some BoP or lighter types.

7. BallPtPenTheif

BallPtPenTheif

I usually try to run cars two classes below the listed car class whenever possible to make the races fun. If I can't beat the race, then I switch to soft tires first before touching the car's settings.