• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 2 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
Good time for Goodwood, good people. The Goodwood Festival of Speed and the Goodwood are two of the most interesting and most exciting events in all of the world. Nothing like it. You have cars, trucks, motorcycles, even some soap box derby racers. The Goodwood Festival of Speed is an exciting hillclimb event in which cars past and present race around, giving the fans a chance to see history right before their eyes. That "history before peoples' eyes" extends into the wonderful Goodwood Revival event, a circuit race featuring absolutely no cars designed after... maybe 1975. The Goodwood Revival sees Vauxhalls, Minis, Fords, Ferraris, Lolas, and more. I think Gran Turismo does need a good dosage of European influence. I learn from inspiration. This is another chance for me to share my views to you all in the interest of pondering about what believable, feasible, and actually interesting issues and features could be in the next GT, or what one would want in the next GT. So the all-imporant question. If the next Gran Turismo featured both Goodwood events, how should this be implemented to perection? Would Goodwood be good for Gran Turismo? I'll start.

The biggest benefactor would be classic cars, since that's what both races are about. The Goodwood Festival of Speed would be great for all autos. It would also benefit for "Special Vehicles" (if any) in the next GT, because it would be nice to race a car you normally wouldn't. I'm speaking in terms of GT4's special autos. Imagine being able to race your Nike One, 1960s Daihatsu Midget, or either 1886 Daimler around Goodwood, even if you don't aspire to be the fastest thing alive. Then head to the Goodwood circuit and take your classic race cars out for some great racing. Just go out there and have soime jolly good times at Goodwood.

How about it, GTPlanet? Reply on with your ideas, and let's keep it moving!

I love classic car meets and racing. There's a big one here every year and it's cool to see stuff from like the 1900's onwards racing and to see cars and people from other countries coming to race and participate. I'd love to see more of this kinda stuff in GT.

Man, if they could get that kind of atmosphere in an online race... maybe even with open-ended track days (for a limited time in real-life, and at a special location only available for the festival), they would have the Everquest of driving games, right there...

Back