The NIssan V35-8 has 8 gears!!!

• Thread starter Adam West
  • 10 comments
Well it does. I was racing against this car (Infinity G35, 4 door) and when i looked at the specs i noticed that it said it had eight gears.

After the race i went into time trial and did a test run with it. SUre enough the car has eight gears - stock. Gears 1-4 are very close, there's barely a pause from switching through the first three gears. Either this is a mistake of the game or ... well, i don't know.

The car is excellent though. I took it to cosmic winding and this baby loves to go sideways. I like it better than the coupe version.

What little surprises like this one have you guys discovered?

I heard about that before, and now I've found this:

Some Website
The Skyline is presently on its eleventh generation, the V35 series, which debuted in June 2001, and is sold in the North America as the Infiniti G35 and in Japan as the Nissan Skyline, available in a rear wheel drive coupe or sedan.

The 350GT8 Coupe is available with the "Extroid" CVT gearbox, and has an 8-speed +/- mode.

Not really a "real" 8-speed, since CVT's are infinitely variable. :)

Anyway, the biggest surprises for me have been mostly "hey this car is better than I thought" kinds of situations. Either that, or "hey this car sucks more than I thought." :)

It was a serious question, it did no need a childish response, FYI, this name I have is almost THREE years old, It was a random number I picked, and I don't want this name anymore, but I do not want to register again.

The CVT in the game is horrible to drive with. Makes controlling oversteer unpredictable, because you never know just how much power you'll be putting down (conventionally, you can just look at the rpm to see).

I'm incredibly glad the Infiniti G35 doesn't come with this transmission.

FireEmblem62
It was a serious question, it did no need a childish response, FYI, this name I have is almost THREE years old, It was a random number I picked, and I don't want this name anymore, but I do not want to register again.

Got three dollars to spare?

Back