The odd coincidences thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter GBO Possum
  • 22 comments
  • 1,347 views

GBO Possum

Not quite the oldest member. Yet.
Premium
Messages
3,700
United States
Massachusetts
Messages
GBO-Possum
A thread for us to report the notable coincidences in our GTS experiences
  1. Twice the daily reward car has been identical to the car I drove the "daily workout". First one was driving the X-Bow and won another X-Bow
  2. Won the Toyota FT-1 vision car two days in a row
  3. I became convinced I was seeing an error message when I saw "1:11.111" flashing at the top of my screen when driving Interlagos. Of course it was just the sector time on lap 1 which happened to have all "1"s.
 
Got rammed off the track by a salty 3rd place on the last lap today to steal my 2nd.

Next race it happened again! Starting to think it’s more than just a coincidence...
 
I keep "winning" GTIs in the daily spin, what a coincidence...:banghead:🤬
 
A thread for us to report the notable coincidences in our GTS experiences
  1. Twice the daily reward car has been identical to the car I drove the "daily workout". First one was driving the X-Bow and won another X-Bow
  2. Won the Toyota FT-1 vision car two days in a row
  3. I became convinced I was seeing an error message when I saw "1:11.111" flashing at the top of my screen when driving Interlagos. Of course it was just the sector time on lap 1 which happened to have all "1"s.
...on the 11th day of the month too ;).

 
I won both the Vulcan and the cobra at the daily gift wheel after strong finishes in the FIA cup... Every time i go back to the wheel for gift after a strong race I get a nice car. If I spin the wheel after just qualifying runs or some custom races againt AI i get **** cars from bottom shelf
 
I won both the Vulcan and the cobra at the daily gift wheel after strong finishes in the FIA cup... Every time i go back to the wheel for gift after a strong race I get a nice car. If I spin the wheel after just qualifying runs or some custom races againt AI i get **** cars from bottom shelf

Now this would be interesting to test to see if its a coincidence!
 
Long post
Got on the Top 10 leaderboards
Prerty ecstatic about that
IMG_20180212_075659.jpg

But then I got matched against other Top 10 people :banghead:
IMG_20180212_075708.jpg

So I set another Top 10 time... A bit lower on the rankings this time, but still pretty happy with it
IMG_20180212_075705.jpg

Then I got matched with other Top 10 people again 🤬:banghead:
IMG_20180212_075703.jpg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20180212_075708.jpg
    IMG_20180212_075708.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20180212_075703.jpg
    IMG_20180212_075703.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
I had to buy an Audi TT to race today. When I exited the race, made my daily mileage requirement, the wheel spun and gave me... the TT. Really???

The simply solution being to sell the one you bought and keep the gift one.
I do that with every car I bought when I get a double
 
I was listening to a paranormal talk show host speaking about demons and interdimensional portals when I set a time with .666 at the end . Good thing I find all that stuff comical and don't find it to be true.. But come on. :p
 
Long post
Got on the Top 10 leaderboards
Prerty ecstatic about that
View attachment 713625
But then I got matched against other Top 10 people :banghead:
View attachment 713633
So I set another Top 10 time... A bit lower on the rankings this time, but still pretty happy with it
View attachment 713634
Then I got matched with other Top 10 people again 🤬:banghead:
View attachment 713661

I've had this happen. Found that right car/track combination to get me into the top 10 times and ended up in a race with 8 of the other 9.
 
I had to buy an Audi TT to race today. When I exited the race, made my daily mileage requirement, the wheel spun and gave me... the TT. Really???
For which race?
 
I keep getting knocked off by Germans, is that a coincidence or is there more to it ;-)
 
I posted about this before, but I wasn't sure if it was a coincidence or the game deliberately messing with my head. I've raced against myself - one of the AI has my real name, surname and initial.
 
That some hazard happy so an so won't stop flashing his lights because he thinks he deserves your spot
 
I became convinced I was seeing an error message when I saw "1:11.111" flashing at the top of my screen when driving Interlagos. Of course it was just the sector time on lap 1 which happened to have all "1"s.

I have read that seeing 11:11 when you randomly look at the clock means you have higher conciousness. Dude, with so many ones you must be tuned to the universe!
 
Back