The Official PCARS Drifters Lounge

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Not seen any threads about this important topic!

Post anything about the mystical art of Drifting in Project Cars; photos, videos, feedback, praise, complaints, whinging, crying...anything

I'm looking forward to taking the RUF RGT roadcar for a drift on California Highway - should be epic!

Im interested in drifting and i found that Mercedes 300SEL is really good drift car even with default tuning setting, try it out. ;)

Well maybe you should call it a joke next time. It came off like an insult, I'm sorry
no probs, I thought the cheeky grin face would've made it obvious, guess not. I will admit I'm rubbish at drifting so don't mean to take anything away from those who are good at it.

no probs, I thought the cheeky grin face would've made it obvious, guess not. I will admit I'm rubbish at drifting so don't mean to take anything away from those who are good at it.
I just interpreted the smiley the wrong way, my bad. and I've got to wait until Tuesday to get my copy of Pcars, so I have to bite my fingernails until then

It's all good. The way I read them, :D can come across as smug, while :P is more of a joking tease, with ;) if you want to be sure it's obvious.

:cheers:

I'm interested in learning some good drift set ups, I've really enjoyed drifting in GT - but I'm not sure what I need to be looking at here to get started. I have sent some videos where people crank up the tire pressures to simulate something like harder tires, but when I try to initiate a drift the car seems to want to go along a fairly predictable semi circular slide which is difficult to do anything with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm interested in learning some good drift set ups, I've really enjoyed drifting in GT - but I'm not sure what I need to be looking at here to get started. I have sent some videos where people crank up the tire pressures to simulate something like harder tires, but when I try to initiate a drift the car seems to want to go along a fairly predictable semi circular slide which is difficult to do anything with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
As told some else in a different pcars section is:
Increase tyre pressure alone won't solve it. I would recommend you practise with the default setup power sliding it as the tyre model is very different to one you would find in gt or forza. Having done drifting in gt from what I remember once you got pass the grip and were sliding it was fine as the tyres wouldn't bite. The tyre model in this game will mean drifting a lot harder. The throttle application will be crucial as the tyre can and will bite mid drift.
So what to do well.
Tyre pressures for one work, also lock the differential. The springs and dampers should also be adjusted to provide front end grip. For the rears have the rear ride height higher 10-15 mm would be where I start and if you can put the weight bias forward.
Next look at the alignment.
Remove the camber and toe form the rear end. This will help reduce the contact patch during cornering.as well as destabilising the rear. If you have fast and slow damper options set the slow bump and rebound to stiff amd the fast option to a softer settings so the car will react better to bumps .

To summer side practising sliding a car first then one your happy move onto the settings. If you struggle at first dampen the track with weather. This will help get the slides going easier.

I feel like drifters in a racing sim are the equivalent to those kids hanging in the bathroom all day during high school

Back