OWS - Now Saturday morning and Wednesday evening. Casual and beginner racers wanted!Open 

• Thread starter Benny44
  • 564 comments
Clearly his and mine are different… I think mine is at like 700 lbs lighter!

I might put up a casual lobby today or tomorrow to test out some potential cars for the big honker race
I was aiming for a little higher hp and weight for this one since it has pretty wide roads and a long straight, so that works well! Just gotta iron out the details a bit later today!

Haha awesome! And great pics by the way.

As for the chicane, I was on the right of another car. I couldn't really see the yardage markers, and then I saw him brake. It's a terrible feeling when you know you've missed your braking point AND have nowhere to go. I couldn't go left because cars were there, and right was the chicane. At least, I think there were cars on my left. At that point I was trying damage control, which didn't work
You call me damage control? :-)

Indeed nice these pics, thanks.

Last edited:
What's the power and weight of that car? I may roughly use that when I'm setting up the parameters of the race

Edit - I can find out in a bit, just don't have access to my PS4 right now
I set it to 250 hp & 3000 lbs. You need to use engine add-ons to get that power plus add some weight. Actually, it handles quit well.

I'd like to watch some videos of past races.....can anyone explain how to do it? Thanks!
From PapaGNR
To watch a friend's replay, go to "my page" (upper left), friends (in this case me), user page, gallery & then replays. You can share replays to friends only or to the public. Public replays are located in the showcase section. Btw, @permaculture has a few shared replays. 👍

Edit, I shared all 4 replays.

Well, I can see from the first several minutes of the first race I watched that I have to either stick razor blades on Papa's steering wheel, loosen the lug nuts on his rims or take out the motor in his car for me to have a better chance of winning.
See me out back of the racing paddock after practice, I know a guy.

OK, here's the restrictions officially!

Blue Moon Bay - Infield A
40 minutes
250hp maximum
3000lbs minimum
Comfort tires
25x fuel consumption
25x tire wear

Car must be a car from within 3 years of your birth (for example, if you were born in 1995, you could pick between 1992 and 1998)

Exceptions - if you were born from 1970-1979 you can choose any car in that decade, so any 70s car will do

1969 and earlier - you can choose any car pre 1969

no race cars

Hi all! Great idea, thank you all for getting this going. I've just started my simracing journey a month ago and loving it. So far I have the most fun trying to tune older, top heavy cars to be fast and maneuverable. I'm not great so the slower speed helps as well 🙂 Currently tuning the '89 BMW M3!

Is the discord the best way to join in on races, or should I just add you @Benny44 ? I'm also curious, are most of you using controllers or a wheel/pedals setup?

Hi all! Great idea, thank you all for getting this going. I've just started my simracing journey a month ago and loving it. So far I have the most fun trying to tune older, top heavy cars to be fast and maneuverable. I'm not great so the slower speed helps as well 🙂 Currently tuning the '89 BMW M3!

Is the discord the best way to join in on races, or should I just add you @Benny44 ? I'm also curious, are most of you using controllers or a wheel/pedals setup?
welcome! feel free to join that discord, it’s more active but the key info is also in this thread.

and I would say it’s a mix - I believe Benny and papa are on controller, not sure about the Belgian contingent. Some are on PS4, others PS5. I typically use a wheel/pedals, but some mornings it’s just easier to do controller. Everyone is super friendly and understanding, and the spirit of the thing matters way more than finishing order. Finishing a long race in a car you salvaged by tuning is a great feeling!

Last edited:

Welcome aboard. You will have to send @Benny44 an FR if it's a friends only lobby. You can add me, PapaGnr.

We've found that less hp & heavier weight usually keeps the field closer together. Usually. ;) Ps, I'm on controller & PS4.
Well, I can see from the first several minutes of the first race I watched that I have to either stick razor blades on Papa's steering wheel, loosen the lug nuts on his rims or take out the motor in his car for me to have a better chance of winning.
I got lucky is all. Our friend @permaculture was AWOL in those races. :lol:

Edit, check his replays from prior events.

Last edited:
See me out back of the racing paddock after practice, I know a guy.

OK, here's the restrictions officially!

Blue Moon Bay - Infield A
40 minutes
250hp maximum
3000lbs minimum
Comfort tires
25x fuel consumption
25x tire wear

Car must be a car from within 3 years of your birth (for example, if you were born in 1995, you could pick between 1992 and 1998)

Exceptions - if you were born from 1970-1979 you can choose any car in that decade, so any 70s car will do

1969 and earlier - you can choose any car pre 1969

no race cars
OK, I know a guy too. @permaculture will take me out. ;)

Nice setup @Benny44.👍

What's cooking for the warm up races ?

OK, I know a guy too. @permaculture will take me out. ;)

Nice setup @Benny44.👍

What's cooking for the warm up races ?
1684863329812.png

1684863424169.png

so these are a little off-center, but they should work alright! i have a very sticks-and-glue method (ms word, snipping tool, inkscape) of doing decals, so it takes some motivating to do. Under #ows and #oldweirdslow

Last edited:
Well, I tried to join Papa and Mori but kept getting time outs....oh well....maybe next time if I see ya's in the lobby.
it’ll be open for a few more hours! we had another join so it may just be a matter of doing it a few times

Last edited:
Back