The only thing I dislike about Fuji Speedway

rivermandrake
As some of you may have seen in the past, I like my time trials. I especially like the Fuji Speedway, I've now got a few top 70 times and feel I'm really improving.

With time trials you do try and push yourself further and sometimes, over the limit and screw your lap up! There's nothing wrong with that, it's all part of the process.

However, what I dislike about the Fuji Speedway track is the green strip, just off the track to the left hand side leading into turn 14. If you touch it, that's your current lap AND the next one invalidated. Fair enough, it cancels your current lap time but I really can't understand why it should punish you by invalidating the next lap too.

It makes no sense because you gain no advantage towards your next lap as there are still two corners to go! There's no exit speed advantage or anything!

I expect a lot of you will tell me to just restart but I don't like doing that as it can ruin my rhythm.

I know it's small thing but it really annoys me when on the odd occasion I drive on that little green strip which thinks it's so very special, and decides to invalidate my next lap for no reason!

You feel my pain? :ouch:

As I've mentioned before I absolutly feel your pain, I can't tell you how many times that has screwed me too. A few times that next lap would have moved me up quite a bit from my 86th to around the mid 60's. However, it is only one of the things that drive me insane with the penalty system. I'm sure it will get completly overhauled for GT5.

the reason it invalidates the nest lap, is because if you go way out of the track and on the paved area to the left, and then hit the throttle full, you will achieve much higher speed than if you follow the track, and that wouldn`t be fair either.

That doesn't make since, you still have to slow down for the next two corners, especailly the final hairpin. Plus we're not talking about the paved surface, we're talking about the green strip. I can see the advantage gained on that lap, but it's so far from the front strait it shouldn't affect the next lap.

THe green strip allows you to maintain the cars momentum, thus speed; so you have to slow down less.

Many in the online races take advantage of this instead of keep at least 2 wheels on pavement!

THe green strip allows you to maintain the cars momentum, thus speed; so you have to slow down less.

Many in the online races take advantage of this instead of keep at least 2 wheels on pavement!

I agree with the current lap being invadated because of the reason you just stated, however you still have to slow down for turn 15, accelerate and brake again for turn 16. It is not possible to carry more speed on to the front strait from turn 14. If it was possible to carry more the extra speed that far I would agree with the next lap being invalidated. http://www.f1-grand-prix-japan.com/img/maps/f1.jpn.gif

Yes this is just one of the (so many) bugs in GT5p.. I think someone can write a book with all the problems found in the game.. "The Real Online BUG Simulator" :P

Back