The ordeal is over!

  • Thread starter Thread starter FosterG
  • 25 comments
  • 3,880 views
Messages
3,626
Messages
misteruno1
After 8 hours and 10 minutes of rain soaked Suzuka (all 1000 kilometers of it), it is over! This calls for a celebration, gonna buy myself a C12 and a 599! How did you treat yourself after a big win? Blowin 600 grand sounds about right to me :)
 
I blew $1,000,000 repairing my Formula GT... :(
 
What happened to it?

10,000km of usage.

I think I did pretty well. Not many Formula cars can go 10,000km between engine/chassis rebuilds.
 
9 hours...wow. At one sitting or were there substantial break periods?
 
With the x1, I done this event in just under 4 hours. I think that is my limit unless endurance saves are added.
 
Rain?
Why didn't you quit and come back?
Rain can make endurance races last up to and over 1 hour longer.
 
10,000km of usage.

I think I did pretty well. Not many Formula cars can go 10,000km between engine/chassis rebuilds.

Damn! I dont think any of them could go 1000km before something very youtube worthy would happen to it's engine. :crazy:
 
Congrats bro,

I just unlocked this race and was wondering how long it was going to take. Time to clear the schedule for a day!
 
In the X1 and dry conditions you can take it easy and do it in about 4 hours,
 
WOW- all 172 laps in the wet...?!?!?!?

I thought I was unlucky when I had to do the first 112 laps in the wet, then the sun came out for the last 60... :)

Nice one for sticking with it....

Top man..

👍
 
Tbh you should've reentered until you got a race without rain ^^
Should save atleast 2-3 hours.
 
Rain?
Why didn't you quit and come back?
Rain can make endurance races last up to and over 1 hour longer.

Maybe he wanted the real driving experience. :)
 
After 8 hours and 10 minutes of rain soaked Suzuka (all 1000 kilometers of it), it is over! This calls for a celebration, gonna buy myself a C12 and a 599! How did you treat yourself after a big win? Blowin 600 grand sounds about right to me :)

8 hours and 10 minutes of racing in the rain :D

You, sir, are a legend. 👍
 
Dang, my arms would be dead :-)

Steering is lighter in the rain by the way.

Still quite an achievement though.
 
Man and I felt awesome winning the Super GT Suzuka race in the rain yesterday (it was pretty hairy but a lot of fun). and that was only 10 laps! Awesome dude.
 
Thanks guys, I am not quite the hero as this was in B-Spec, but still this was waaaaaaaay too much time. And I found out about the quiting and coming back for a better day after I ran the race :) I will know better next time (if there is a next time). One thing is sure, there will be no 24 hour endurance races for me. The GT-R Stealth again proved itself to be an awesome ride though, so it was fun for a while.
 
B-spec! :-)) I actually look forward to doing a proper length race myself though not in one sitting. I would have to pause and spread it over 2 days in 2 hour bursts. 24 hour race would be something to do once in a lifetime but that would need to be spread out over a holiday week! at the very least.
 
GMW
B-spec! :-)) I actually look forward to doing a proper length race myself though not in one sitting. I would have to pause and spread it over 2 days in 2 hour bursts. 24 hour race would be something to do once in a lifetime but that would need to be spread out over a holiday week! at the very least.

Yeah thats what I wanted to do but it seems that lvling after lvl 25 is very long.. I'm almost 30, i heard that the vettel challenge might give me a boost..

But I wont make it before the end of the holidays :(
 
Using the Vettel, completed it in 3hrs 45 mins or so. I forget the exact time so please don't quote me but it was definitely under 4hrs.

I also re-entered it several times until I got a 'dry' start.
 
I done the race in the dry in my Red Bull X1 with my brother. It took four hours and we changed over every second pit stop.
 
My B-Spec racer V. Morrison is currently 8:24:39 into 9 Hour Tsukuba. He's in the X2010 and on lap 729. He's 247 laps ahead of 2nd. The car has almost 20,000 miles on it from all of the B-Spec endurance races, and in need of a terrible overhaul.
 
My B-Spec racer V. Morrison is currently 8:24:39 into 9 Hour Tsukuba. He's in the X2010 and on lap 729. He's 247 laps ahead of 2nd. The car has almost 20,000 miles on it from all of the B-Spec endurance races, and in need of a terrible overhaul.

''...terrible (and expensive!!) overhaul....'' :)
 
My B-Spec racer V. Morrison is currently 8:24:39 into 9 Hour Tsukuba. He's in the X2010 and on lap 729. He's 247 laps ahead of 2nd. The car has almost 20,000 miles on it from all of the B-Spec endurance races, and in need of a terrible overhaul.

Perhaps a Decent overhaul might be a better idea , than a terrible one :lol:
 
Back