The other ends of a Sileighty?

  • Thread starter Thread starter superberkut
  • 11 comments
  • 1,677 views
Messages
3,212
I don't think this quite belongs in any other forum, as I don't have pictures, but the other day I saw this car. It had the front end of a 180SX and the rear of a Silvia Q model, circa 1988. It was red, and registered with an Ontario license plate. It was very legitimate, but does anyone know if Nissan actually did sell a 180 Q's or another strange model which includes the remnant ends from producing a Sileighty?
 
Yeah, they are the North American 240sx's. This should go in the car forum.

1993_nissan_240sx_coupe_t.jpg
 
Sometimes referred to as Onevia by enthusiasts. The front of a ONEeighty sx, and the rear or the silVIA.

Basically the opposite of a sileighty.
 
They were sold at least in Canada like that. We always called them 240 coupes (versus the 240 fastback). I really like them, but definitely look better with the Silvia's front end.

Not as common as the "regular" 240SX, but still nothing to get excited about.
 
there called s13 coupes, there rarer if you will then hatches

im looking at buying a s13 hatch soon :D
 
european 200SXes is better, they have turbo and 180-200 horses. and btw that 240 is pretty strange car.
 
Sometimes referred to as Onevia by enthusiasts. The front of a ONEeighty sx, and the rear or the silVIA.

Basically the opposite of a sileighty.

One of my friend's bros has one of these. 👍
 
As has already been explained, '89-'94 240SX coupe. After '94 the coupe switched over to the S14 generation and retained the original Silvia front end.
 
Well, I guess this question is solved, then. Thanks to you all. I had no idea that the North American 240SX looked like that.
 
A guy in my neighborhood has a real nice convertible one of those. He did a motor and transmission swap in it. I don't what though I don't talk to him much, but it a real clean nice looking car.
 
At the local Nissan fanboy shop, someone who I met who said he was visiting from San Diego who was a friend of the owner of the shop, pro drifter Ernie Fixxmer (we called this guy Boonie, I forget his real name), had a Onevia convertible with a RB20 swap. The shop also has one Skyline GT-R drift car around at most times, and 2 if you're lucky. Also spotted were a GMC Syclone which belonged to Boonie's friend, a mean looking black M5, another Onevia, a Sileighty, an NSX which Ernie was working on at the time (it sounded quite loud), and a stripped Civic. The Syclone, M5, Onevia, and Civic were quite dusty.
 
Back