The Ozzy ThreadMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter gtavcfan
  • 25 comments
  • 1,267 views

DO you prefer Ozzy or Black Sabbath? (with Ozzy as the vocalist)

  • Ozzy Years

    Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Black Sabbath Years

    Votes: 6 46.2%

  • Total voters
    13
Messages
2,185
United States
Seattle, WA
How's it Going? Anybody like Ozzy's music today?
I created this thread to discuss Ozzy, the Black Sabbath Years, his music and tours.

I know that he started his music carrer in the late 60's as Black Sabbath, and later in the 80's, played as his own band, Ozzy. I myself prefer the Ozzy years. Also in the 1996 or 1998, don't remember exactly what year, he made the Ozzfest Tour. Some other things that I know of the back of my head right now is that in some tour (forgot which one), he bit off the head of a bat, and he also urinated on the Alamo in San Antonio (Thats what I rember from watching a show on VH1 called "The 100 Most Metal Moments"). I also know that before the Ozzfest 2004, he got into an accident and nearly died, I think it was a car accident or an ATV accident. Anyone know more strange stuff about Ozzy?

BTW Do your prefer better the Black Sabbat Years or the Ozzy years?
 
I just posted this, but what the hell.

The songs I don't mind from Black Sabbath are:
Paranoid
Wicked World
NIB

Just because they're just nice to listen to. Other than that, I don't like Black Sabbath.

I haven't heard any Ozzy Osbourne apart from the song off V-Rock, admittedly. The song is "Bark at the Moon", and I actually don't mind it. The best song I've heard by Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath in my view.
 
I had just read that on the "Cds you just cant stop listening to" thread. Anyways, I really don't like Black Sabbath That much since most of their albums were from the 70's.To say the truth the only song I actually like is "Iron Man" (I saw it as a music video on Headbanger's ball).

Some of my favorite songs by Ozzy are: Mr. Crowley, Crazy Train, Walk on Water, Goodbye to Romance, Miracle Man, and Bark at the Moon.
(I only have Bark at the Moon, and The Ozzman Cometh, I have "Walk on Water" on the Beavis and Butthead Soundtrack)
 
Is there anything remotely heavy, or similar to Bark at the Moon, album-wise, by Ozzy?
 
He's all right. He can only do one thing with his voice, but he does it well. I really don't see why he's so popular. Black Sabbath were pretty awesome, though.

I don't get how the man is still alive. He eats living birds, he snorts ants, he's done enough drugs to kill all of Harlem, he's been in a serious car accident, he's done everything. The man is immortal, I say.

OzzFest is ****, by the way. Or at least the bands that perform are ****.
 
Worst voice ever, but I strangely love it.

Personally, I prefer his Black Sabbath stuff more. Maybe it was the then original gloomy style Black Sabbath had with their music why I love them so much, whereas Ozzy's solo stuff is more just generic rock. Nonetheless, he's been a major player in the upbringing of metal. 👍
 
Black Sabbath all the way! The fathers of heavy metal.
 
If you do not own Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman, go buy them right now. Just make sure you get the Original Recordings Remastered versions with the smaller front picture like this:
B000002B7M.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg


The other ones that say remastered or whatever have the bass and drum tracks re-recorded because of lawsuit issues I believe with a former member of Ozzy's band. Needless to say, find the 1995 remastered CDs.

I like certain Black Sabbath songs (Paranoid, NIB, War Pigs, Iron Man), but I prefer the solo years. While nothing he has done since Randy Rhoads died has even come close to his two albums with him (imho), a few of the albums with Zakk Wylde are pretty good. Most notably is No More Tears, with the title track and Road to Nowhere (my favorite Wylde-era song) along with Time After Time and Mama I'm Coming Home.
 
I just heard the song "Hellraiser" on San Andreas. Not bad, not bad. Still, Bark at the Moon is the best Solo Ozzy song I've heard.
 
How is it going?
Jimmy Enslashay
I just heard the song "Hellraiser" on San Andreas. Not bad, not bad. Still, Bark at the Moon is the best Solo Ozzy song I've heard.
Ozzy is in San Andreas? NOw, I can't wait to get the game, I still haven't go it.
Ser0119
If you do not own Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman, go buy them right now. Just make sure you get the Original Recordings Remastered versions with the smaller front picture
Can't wait to get Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman. My two favorite Ozzy Songs are on the Blizzard of Ozz, they are "Mr. Crowley" and "Crazy Train", I hear them from the Ozzman Cometh.
 
gtavcfan
How is it going?

Ozzy is in San Andreas? NOw, I can't wait to get the game, I still haven't go it.
I hope my arives today.
 
I have it, but anyway, don't let this start into a San Andreas discussion, there's plenty of that in the GTA Forum. Trust me.

Anyway, I'll ask again. Is there any album with a heap of songs just as heavy (even though it's not heavy) as Bark at the Moon?
 
Jimmy's right, lets go back discussing Ozzy. To asnwer Jimmy's question, I'm not sure, I think Bark at the Moon is ozzy's "hardest song", I don't have every of Ozzy's album.
 
Jimmy Enslashay
Anyway, I'll ask again. Is there any album with a heap of songs just as heavy (even though it's not heavy) as Bark at the Moon?

Check out the songs "I Don't Know", "Over the Mountain", and "Diary of a Madman" for starters. And then go buy Blizzard and Diary. :D (you'll thank me later)

Randy Rhoads > Jake E. Lee
 
Might just do that. Thanks Ser0119.

I'm finding I have alot of things recommended to me lately.
 
man, I like the Black Sabbath tears and the Ozzy years. I got a few albums...

Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Ozzy - Down To Earth
Ozzy - No Rest For The Wicked

"I Like the Black Sabbath Tears" DAMN TYPO!
 
I think Ozzy's best CD is No Rest for the Wicked. The other albums like Blizzard of Ozz are too boring and monotonous. Which is the same problem I find with Black Sabbath.

You need to listen to "Shot in the Dark"

Other songs that aren't bad:
"No More Tears"
"Over the Mountain"
"I Just Want You"
"Back on Earth"
 
According to the poll today (10-31-04) more like ozzy than Black Sabbath in music. My favorite Ozzy album that I currently have is "The Ozzman Cometh"
This are the songs on the Ozzman Cometh:​
1. Black Sabbath
2. War Pigs
3. Goodbye to Romance
4. Crazy Train
5. Mr. Crowley
6. Over the Mountain
7. Paranoid (Live with Randy Rhoads)
8. Bark at the Moon
9. Miracle Man
10. Crazy Babies
11. No More Tears
12. Mama, I'm Coming Home
13. I Don't Want to Change the World (Live)
14. I just Want You
15. Back on Earth


Haven't researched it yet, Does anyone know if there will be a "Ozzfest 2005"? (Any kind of info please.)

ROAD_DOGG33J
You need to listen to "Shot in the Dark"

Other songs that aren't bad:
"No More Tears"
"Over the Mountain"
"I Just Want You"
"Back on Earth"
I don't have "Shot in the Dark", its not on "The Ozzman Cometh" or "Bark at the Moon" Albums. I have the other songs you mentioned, they are on The Ozzman Cometh"

Silverzone
man, I like the Black Sabbath tears and the Ozzy years. I got a few albums...

Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Ozzy - Down To Earth
Ozzy - No Rest For The Wicked
Dude, I want to buy Paranoid. It has my favorite Black Sabbath Song on it, Iron Man.
 
Man, the way I got that album is pretty cool. It was in a bargain bin, So I got it for 5 cents with another cd. that was a stroke of luck.
 
My favorite Ozzy songs are

Crazy Babies

Miracle man

No More tears

Good tunes:tup:
 
My favorite songs are:
1. Killer of Giants (ZAK)
2. Symptom of the Universe (Speak of the Devil) Brad Gillis is still the best.
3. Bark at the Moon (Jake)
4. Anything as long as it isn't that turd Randy Rhodes. (long story=old grudge) :grumpy:
Worst song is "So tired" :yuck:
 
I hate Planet Caravan by Black Sabbath. Rather the Pantera version.
 
Yes. We know. I see you're back, HATEKORE. You disappeared before.
 
Jimmy Enslashay
I hate Planet Caravan by Black Sabbath. Rather the Pantera version.
[I got a chance to buy Paranoid at a Wal-Mart, on Nov. 12] I have listened to Planet Caravan, its one of the two songs I skip from Sabbath, its too slow and boring, the other one is Rat Salad.

I also got Blizzard of Ozz, I have already heard the entire cd, the only song that I skip is track 4 "Dee", its boring for me.

Also on the Song "War Pigs", its different than the Basement Tape version on the Ozzman Cometh cd, I was actually surprised on that.
 
Back