The Perfect Drift

Philippines
Philippines
Drifting is a spectacular sport where drivers show off their skill at moving the cars sideways. Drivers are diverse, and so are the techniques in drifting. It doesn't matter what kind of technique they use in breaking traction. It doesn't matter what setup they use, as long as it's within the rules. And for me, it doesn't even matter what car or what drivetrain the drivers prefer--drifting is an open sport designed for fun--not just for the spectators but also for the drivers

The above title doesn't exactly work like the drifting sport. I'm focusing more on the racing side of things--getting the 1st position and stuff. The perfect drift isn't exactly a hoot to watch compared to the more popular drifting sport. To me, the perfect drift is a calculated slip of the tires to get in position to grip after passing the apex of a corner--it may look easy, but the idea is to maintain a certain corner entrance speed (usually faster than the grip run) through the rest of the turn without a lot of steering in such a way that you can accelerate better

Drifting sport wears the potential of the tires through wheelspin. The perfect drift aims to conserve the tires for as long as the car's performance still relies on it. What do you think?

It's a thread to actually start people posting about how to attack corners with fast entry and fast exit. To the readers: no one person holds all wisdom, so if something's amiss, if something's bothering you, if something caught your attention, or if you approve, just put it here

I figured "learning" stuff should belong to this specific forum group. What's an academy without theories and stuff?

It's a thread to actually start people posting about how to attack corners with fast entry and fast exit. To the readers: no one person holds all wisdom, so if something's amiss, if something's bothering you, if something caught your attention, or if you approve, just put it here

I figured "learning" stuff should belong to this specific forum group. What's an academy without theories and stuff?

Yeah but this is a part of the forum for the GT Academy competition run annually by Nissan and PlayStation. High performance driving takes seat time and good guidance.

Skidding means an uncontrollable motion... That's actually dangerous, man! My ideal of the Perfect Drift is like snowboarding. You're not making snow fly away like dust, you're just gliding on top of it. That's what the Perfect Drift is all about.

Latest Posts

Back