The point of...

• Thread starter Evolver60
  • 8 comments
United States
United States
Antonius_Xylem
I get why Hybridization is needed swap an engine and drivetrain. but I dont understand and you techies can help me out. Why swap (the list)
Chasis?
Gearbox? (Wouldnt this be with the drivetrain.)
Body? (just use the body you have and switch engine and drivetrain)

Thanks in advance for answering.

I think chassis and body swaps might be for better handling, there's a few here who have swapped LMP chassis's into road cars.

Chassis = much improved performance, 50/50 balance and a wider track

Gearbox = more gears (5spd to 6spd) faster shifts from better tranny

Body = to sim a car without body mods like a BNR34 to a R34 Etc or to Sim DLC cars

Here is an example of a FULL swap, meaning every last part

Ahrweiler-TownSquare_zpse15df15a.jpg

I started with the Regular GTR Black Academy Edition I got from the licence test, then I converted it fully (probably not needed a full conversion, but why not ) into a GT Academy Special Edition ;)

I recently lost my Save Data (long story) and this is my new first car :D

Chassis - Grip, weight, and weight distribution is in the chassis file. You can then best match desired performance to the car. I prefer the chassis to be as close in dimensions as the original.

Suspension - The suspension ranges for ride height and springs are very large. For instance, the ride height is from 0 to 255. Each suspension file gives a limited range rather than the full range. By swapping suspensions, you change the "0" point on the ride height scale and you get a different upper and lower limit to the springs. For instance the BMW CSL ride height setting of 0 is the same as the BMW V12 LMR ride height setting of +15.

Body - I only find it useful if you don't have the car you want (like a chrome line car or something). Otherwise, it's best to start with the car you want and swap everything else onto it.

LSD - The LSD is set up differently for each car to give them a distinct feel. Although the ranges are the same across the board, it is like the suspension in that the values are relative to values set in the LSD file (which cannot be accessed). In addition to handling behaviour, the LSD also provides the engine braking character of a car.

Transmission - Like the suspension, different transmissions have different upper and lower ranges for each gear. So, yes, you can pop a 6 speed into a car, but you want to be grabbing the six speed with the ranges you want.

Last edited:
Thanks everybody I've been playing around with the settings and the result
pure awesomeness....

my setup
Car Mazada Efini RX-7 02
Suspension Ferrari Enzo 02
Drivetrain Nissan 350z Gran Turismo 4 Ltd (Z33) 05
Engine Suzuki Escudo Dirt trial car 98
Chassis Audi TTS coupe 09
LSD Honda s800 RSC race car 68

Car drifts like a dream!

One more question I think I know why but just to be sure.... I have the Escudo Dirt trial car, I cannot upgrade engine weight reduction ect. I put the same engine in my RX-7 and everything is upgradeable... 2100 hp no multiplier. Anybody know why?

Back