The Police to Reunite!Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Slicks
  • 15 comments
  • 826 views

Would you like to see The Police reunite?


  • Total voters
    17

Slicks

TSI AWD
Premium
Messages
3,603
Yep. That's what it sounds like. The radio station that I listen to has been going absolutely nuts about it over the last day or two.
They've reportedly had truckfulls of equipment going to Lions Gate Studios recently (presumably for a rehearsal), and have been spotted around Vancouver multiple times today. There is speculation that they will open the Canadian Grammy Awards, held here in Vancouver this year. A tour announcement is anticipated shortly thereafter, although there is no hard proof yet.

So, what do you think of it? Would a Police concert be high on your to-do list?
Post your experiences with The Police here... Don't want them back together? Post that here as well.
 
Yep. That's what it sounds like. The radio station that I listen to has been going absolutely nuts about it over the last day or two.
They've reportedly had truckfulls of equipment going to Lions Gate Studios recently (presumably for a rehearsal), and have been spotted around Vancouver multiple times today. There is speculation that they will open the Canadian Grammy Awards, held here in Vancouver this year. A tour announcement is anticipated shortly thereafter, although there is no hard proof yet.

So, what do you think of it? Would a Police concert be high on your to-do list?
Post your experiences with The Police here... Don't want them back together? Post that here as well.

I thought there would be a cold day in hell before The Police ever got back together - was always a great pity that they couldn't stand each other by the end, since they were a kick-ass live act... I'd definitely go to a Police gig, but likely they'd only play some barn like Wembley Arena, rather than somewhere cooler like Brixton Academy. I reckon even almost 30 years since they started, The Police in concert would certainly be an arresting sight 👍
 
What the hell is the Canadian Grammy Awards and why would these rock legends want anything to do with it?

I heard they were opening the real Grammies.
 
Oh, hell. I've probably got some awards mixed up, here. Never been one to watch/pay attention to these awards shows.

Anyway, it's all but confirmed that The Police are opening the Grammies. They've been spotted numerous times around town, and one rather candid photographer snuck in with a cook, and (apparently) snapped a few pictures that have yet to be released.
Updates whenever they come....
 
Reunions are never high on my list of musical interests, because 9/10 times they are done for money rather than a genuine desire to actually play together again.
 
I've never heard of the Canadian Grammys... but the Junos (Canadian music awards) are being held in my home town this year. I hope someone bombs the stadium that night... pop music = :crazy: :yuck:
 
Hooray! When I heard the news yesterday I was quite excited, as The Police are indeed one of my favorite bands to ever well, exist. If they swing anywhere near Grand Rapids (be it Chicago or Detroit) I would certainly buy tickets, $100+ or not. Simply put, they are one of the best bands in recent memory, definitely representing a bit of maturity on the rock-music scene. The good news is that hopefully the true fans will come out in stride, however the poser kids with money will likely show up as well...
 
I don't think it'll happen. I read a comment from Sting. "I'd rather be the lead singer for Van Halen."

Van Halen is going to reunite with DLR with Wolfie on bass.
 
Reunions are never high on my list of musical interests, because 9/10 times they are done for money rather than a genuine desire to actually play together again.

I went through an interview with Andy Summers, and although he felt that what he did after The Police ended was far more substantial musically than his job before, he would still love to have another go at playing some songs with his old buddies. At that point (a few months ago), he was leaving it up to Sting to make the call to get things organized. It didn't seem like a money thing.
 
Interesting, but I don't really care that much. I'm doubting that they'll come close to the level they achieved decades ago. I could be wrong, but my current take on the reunion is "why bother?".
 
Okay. This isn't happening in Vancouver either. It's LA.

No. They are in Vancouver, Canada right now. They've been rehearsing. They've been spotted dozens of times. Hell, one of the guys from my favorite radio station even got a quick interview in with Stewart Copeland.


(I got the Juno awards and the Grammy awards mixed up earlier, by the way).
 
Why would the rehearse in Vancouver? It seems odd, but you are correct. They aren't doing the Junos though.
 
I'm guessing that they're rehearsing in Vancouver because it's still got all the amenities of a big city (which it is), but it is much easier to avoid the spotlight there than in a city like Los Angeles, or wherever the Grammies are held.
And like I said, I got the Grammies and Junos mixed up...
 
Apparently some dodgy music ticket sites are already advertising a Police concert at Wembley Arena... :dunce: (I only hope that they don't have NWA as a support act :p )
 
I don't remember where, but I read that they were going to do a 60 stop tour after the Grammies. I don't htink it has been confirmed, but that's what it looks like.
 
Back